Wednesday, May 8, 2013
Wrentham selectmen vote to look into the cost and benefits of adding an additional patrolman to the Wrentham Police Department.
Wrentham could start replacing police officer positions sooner than expected. The Wrentham Board of Selectmen voted 5-0 on Tuesday to request a cost/benefit analysis to adding a new patrolman. Selectman Michael Carroll said he has been talking with Wrentham police chief James Anderson and they agree they could recoup a good amount of lost revenue by adding another patrol officer to Wrentham’s ranks. “The chief said when he had more staff he was able to do more traffic patrols to generate about $125,000 that we’re not getting today,” he said. “We could bump up departmental revenue to at least equal to the cost of salary, health insurance and uniforms.” Carroll added he and the chief don't have the exact numbers, but they feel this is …
The Wrentham selectmen voted 5-0 to look into a hiring more police officers and whether the added revenue they could bring would pay the salaries.
Do you think the Wrentham selectmen made the right move Tuesday, voting 5-0, to look into a cost/benefit analysis of whether the cost adding police officers will be covered by increased revenue? Should the town count on increase revenue from giving out more tickets to play for more police officers? Let us know what you think in the comment section.
Monday, April 22, 2013
Remember that Tuesday, April 30 is election day in Wrentham.
1. The Norfolk County Mosquito Control District will be conducting helicopter applications for two to three days anytime until April 26. These applications will be conducted over specific large wetlands in Town. Contact the Board of Health at (508) 384-5480 for further information. 2. The Wrentham Lions Club is holding their 21st annual Fishing Derby on Saturday April 27, at Trout Pond behind the Wrentham DPW off Taunton Street, rain or shine. This event is for kids up to the age of 18, and is free. This event starts at 7:00 a.m. and runs until 1:00 p.m. when there is the awards ceremony and a raffle. Awards will be for the single largest trout caught in three age categories plus other prizes. There will be free hot dogs and drinks …
Monday, March 25, 2013
Wrentham's Annual Easter Bunny Stroll will be back for its 11th year Saturday.
1. Welcome to a mostly cloudy Monday. There is expected to a few afternoon sprinkles and flurries wth highs near 40, according to WHDH-TV. 2. The Wrentham Elementary PTO will be meeting this morning at 8:30 in the Delaney Conference Room. It is expected to be a half-hour meeting. 3. The Downtown Merchants Association brings the Easter Bunny back to Wrentham Center for the 11th Annual Easter Bunny Stroll on Saturday, March 30th from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. Children can meet and take photos with the Easter Bunny, who will stroll the downtown area. Participating businesses, designated by pastel-colored balloons, will be handing out Easter treats and candy to put in children's Easter baskets. 4. The Wrentham Finance Committee and the selectmen …
Monday, March 11, 2013
The Wrentham finance committee and selectmen will go over the FY14 budgets tonight.
1. Snow, what snow? There will be more melting today as temperatures climb into the mid to upper 50s, according to WHDH. Rain will on the menu for Tuesday, but the temperatures will still be in the 50s. 2. There will be a joint meeting of the Wrentham Finance Commitee and the selectmen tonight to go over the budgets for police, fire, communications, emergency management and public health nurses. The meeting will start at 7 p.m. at the Roderick Elementary School. 3. The Wrentham Conservation Commission will be meeting Thursday in the second floor of the town hall at 7 p.m. 4. The Norfolk selectmen will be meeting Tuesday at 7 p.m. in room 124 at town hall. On the agenda are the budget and a discussion of the town meeting warrant. 5. …
Monday, March 4, 2013
The Wrentham selectmen will be meeting with the finance committee to go over the FY14 budget tonight.
1. Monday and Tuesday are pretty much going to look the same weather-wise, according to WHDH. There will be clouds on Monday with a little bit of sun with highs near 40, but there will also be a passing rain or snow shower. Tuesday, it will be clouds with some sun in the mid-40s. 2. The first event sponsored by Wrentham Community Events, Inc. will offer a fun-filled evening featuring six local "stars" who will compete against each other in a dancing and fundraising competition. It will be held at Luciano's Lake Pearl on Friday, March 8, at 7 p.m. Each "star" will be aligned with one of six local charitable organizations: Friends of Wrentham, Holly Club, Lions Club of Wrentham, Random Smiles, WEST and Rice Complex. The Stars will be …
Tuesday, February 19, 2013
The Wrentham selectmen will be meeting tonight at 6:30 p.m.
1. On the positive side, it won't be snowing, but our friends at WHDH-TV are predicting showers after the morning sun fades. Rain showers are expected to start in the afternoon. It will be a high of 44 and a low of 28. 2. The Wrentham Selectmen will be meeting tonight at town hall at 6:30 p.m. 3. Who will win "Dancing with the Wrentham Stars? Here's the details from the Wrentham Community Events, Inc., who is sponsoring the event. It will offer a fun-filled evening featuring six local "stars" who will compete against each other in a dancing and fundraising competition. It will be held at Luciano's Lake Pearl on Friday, March 8, at 7 p.m. Each "star" will be aligned with one of six local charitable organizations: Friends of Wrentham, …
Friday, February 1, 2013
Wrentham Town Government Study Committee will make a public presentation Feb. 11. comm
Friday, February 1
The Wrentham Town Government Study Committee (TGSC) will provide its first In Process Review of its activities in a public presentation to the community on Monday, Feb. 11,, from 7-8:30 p.m. in the Media Center at King Philip High School. The purpose of this meeting is to provide citizens, and Town boards, committees and departments an update on the study effort and an initial view of the TGSC’s analysis. The Town Governament Study Committee was established by the selectmen in the spring of 2012 and charged with evaluating the effectiveness of the town’s organizational structures and management systems, and making a report of recommendations back to the selectmen. Over the past several months, the committee has met with …
Tuesday, January 29, 2013
Wrentham selectmen appointed Alex Leonard to the historical commission.
The Wrentham Board of Selectmen voted 5-0 to appoint Alex Leonard to the Wrentham Historical Commission last week. “We’ve had the opening for some time now,” said historical commission Greg Stahl. “Al has been waiting around the longest. He’s been a productive member and has been hanging around the historical commission a very long time. Leonard said he wants to bring more volunteers to the forefront of Wrentham’s historical preservation and education. He said the restoration of the Wampum House would be a great way to get people involved. “The Wampum House is a real nice period building could be used as an educational facility,” he said. “The current plan is to restore it its period look and feel without having it full of stuff, which …
One more day before spring weather shows up in Wrentham.
1. Tuesday will bring the rain to the area with a few patches of dizzle early with temperatures near 40. Get ready for a blast of spring tomorrow. Wednesday is going to feel like spring, being warm and brezzy with a high of 55-degrees. A few late day showers, which will lead to steadier rain at night, going into Thursday morning. For more on the weather, check out WHDH's Chris Lambert's blog. 2. The King Philip High girls' basketball team will be hosting Mansfield Tuesday at 6:30 p.m., while the boys' team will be at Mansfield. 3. The King Philip School Committee will be meeting Monday, Feb. 4, at King Philip High School at 7 p.m. 4. The Plainville selectmen will be meeting at town hall tonight at 6:30 p.m. 5. The Wrentham Senior Center…