Wednesday, May 8, 2013
The King Philip Music Department is hosting Percussion Night tonight.
1. The Wrentham Lions Club will hold its 18th Annual Golf Tournament at the Foxborough Country Club, 33 Walnut Street, Foxborough, Monday, May 13, rain or shine. The fund-raising tournament features a four-person scramble format and has an 8 a.m. shotgun start. Prizes will be awarded for the low score foursome, the top three teams, last place team, longest drive, closest to the pin and a putting contest. Additionally, the first 100 golfers to sign up will receive a leather shoe bag at the course. Registration fee is $130 per player and includes: green fees, golf cart, complimentary raffle ticket, coffee and donuts, luncheon with grilled burgers, hotdogs, chicken, dessert and giveaways. For the second year, Expressway Toyota of Boston will …
Thursday, May 2, 2013
Sign-ups for Wrentham swimming lessons and playground camp to be held.
1. The American Legion Post 225 will be host a "Community Yard Sale" on Saturday, May 18, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. To reserve space now, call (508) 384-2932 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. All proceeds to to help support various American Legion Post 225 programs and community projects. 2. Wrentham Recyling will be holding a donation event May 11 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Wrentham Senior Center Parking Lot on Taunton Street. To see what you can bring and what you can't bring, go to http://www.bostonbuildingresources.com/ 3. Sign-ups for the Wrentham swimming lessons and recreation summer playground camp signup will be held at the town hall, 79 South St., in the first floor lobby. The signups will be May 4 from 9:30-11 a.m., May 7, from…
Wrentham Lions holding Toll Road on Saturday to raise funds for blind charities.
The Wrentham Lions Club is hosting its annual Toll Road on Saturday from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. in Wrentham Center. The event, designed to recognize White Cane Day, is to raise funds for the Perkins School of the Blind, The National Braille Press and the Clara Barton Diabetes for Children. White Cane Day, traditionally celebrated on Oct. 15, is to recognize the achievements of people who are blind or visually impaired. It uses the symbol of the cane, an implement of independence for blind Americans. The day was nationally recognized in 1964 by then president Lyndon B. Johnson. President Barack Obama renamed the day Blind Americans Equality Day in 2011.
Wednesday, May 1, 2013
Today is the last day exhibitor applications are being accepted for the June 1 Arts on Common.
1. Today's the Day: The Wrentham Cultural Council's exhibitor applications are being accepted until May 1. Booths are filling up quickly, apply atwww.artsonthecommon.org. Here is another sample of two exhibitors for Arts on the Common, Sherri Snyder's beautiful watercolors and the pottery of Sara Petipas. The Arts on the Common Festival will be held on June 1 on the Wrentham Town Common from 10 a.m.-3 p.m. It will feature exhibitors, demonstrations, entertainment and interactive activities. 2. The Wrentham Lions Club will be holding their annual "Toll Road" Saturday, May 4, from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. as part of White Cane Day. Funds donated will be used for Lions Charities such as Perkins Schools for the Blind, National Braille Press and the …
Friday, April 26, 2013
The following events are happening in the local area this week. If you having an event and it isn't listed, please feel to post it yourself in the events and comment section.
1. The Plainville Board of Health will be holding a Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day at the recycling center located at the Highway Garage at 29 West Bacon St. Saturday, April 27, from 8-11 a.m. You must hold a recycling center annual pass to participate in the event. Visit the Plainville Board of Health website at www.plainville.ma.us or stop by Town Hall for details. For questions, call Board of Health at 508-695-3142 Ext. 16. 2. The Wrentham Lions Club is holding their 21st annual Fishing Derby on Saturday April 27, at Trout Pond behind the Wrentham Department of Public Works off Taunton Street, rain or shine. This event is for kids up to the age of 18, and is free. This event starts at 7 a.m. and runs until 1 p.m. when there…
Tuesday, April 23, 2013
The 21st annual Wrentham Lions Club Fishing Derby will be held Saturday.
The Wrentham Lions Club is holding their 21st annual Fishing Derby on Saturday April 27, at Trout Pond behind the Wrentham Department of Public Works off Taunton Street, rain or shine. This event is for kids up to the age of 18, and is free. This event starts at 7 a.m. and runs until 1 p.m. when there is the awards ceremony and a raffle. Awards will be for the single largest trout caught in three age categories plus other prizes. There will be free hot dogs and drinks available on a first come first served basis starting at 10:30 a.m. until they are out. For further information about this event contact Bob Heiselmeyer, chairman of Wrentham Lions Fishing Derby at 774-571-2180 or Bill Skinner at 508-384-7037, Co-Chairman, Wrentham Lions …
Monday, April 22, 2013
Remember that Tuesday, April 30 is election day in Wrentham.
1. The Norfolk County Mosquito Control District will be conducting helicopter applications for two to three days anytime until April 26. These applications will be conducted over specific large wetlands in Town. Contact the Board of Health at (508) 384-5480 for further information. 2. The Wrentham Lions Club is holding their 21st annual Fishing Derby on Saturday April 27, at Trout Pond behind the Wrentham DPW off Taunton Street, rain or shine. This event is for kids up to the age of 18, and is free. This event starts at 7:00 a.m. and runs until 1:00 p.m. when there is the awards ceremony and a raffle. Awards will be for the single largest trout caught in three age categories plus other prizes. There will be free hot dogs and drinks …
Saturday, April 13, 2013
The 17th Annual Spring Duathlon will start at the Crackerbarrel Fairgrounds.
Saturday, April 13
The Wrentham Lions Club is sponsoring their 17th Annual Spring Duathlon on Sunday, April 14, at the Crackerbarrel Fairgrounds at the Wrentham Developmental Center (WDC), 498 Emerald St. , Wrentham. Race starts at 8:30 a.m. Advanced registration (preferred) via www.firm-racing.com or on site starting at 6:45 a.m. Competitors will start by running 3 miles around the perimeter of the WDC property; then bike 11 miles on streets in Wrentham, Franklin, and Norfolk; and finish by running another 2 miles bisecting the middle of the WDC property. For further information about this event, visit Fiske Independent Race Managment's website at www.firm-racing.com, or contact Jeff Hall, Chairman Wrentham Lions Duathlon Committee at (508) 384-2773 or e-…
Thursday, April 11, 2013
Learn to play lacrosse with King Philip Youth Lacrosse program.
1. The King Philip Youth Lacrosse's Learn to Play program will start outdoors on April 14, weather permitting from 11:30 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. Players will learn the game from coaches and members of the King Philip High boys' and girls' lacrosse teams. 2. The Wrentham Town Clerk is looking for election workers to work at the Local Town Election/Special State Primary on Tuesday, April 30. If interested, please call 508-384-5415. 3. Arts on the Common a fine arts and crafts exhibition and festival will be held on the Wrentham Town Common on Saturday, June 1, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Featured throughout the day will be performance art, music, interactive activities for all ages and demonstrations by exhibitors. Applications are still being …
Wednesday, April 10, 2013
The Norfolk County Mosquito Control District will be doing helicopter spraying.
1. Arts on the Common a fine arts and crafts exhibition and festival will be held on the Wrentham, MA Town Common on Saturday, June 1, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Featured throughout the day will be performance art, music, interactive activities for all ages and demonstrations by exhibitors. Applications are still being accepted for exhibitors. For more information about the festival and to submit an application visit www.artsonthecommon.org. 2. In recognition of White Cane Day, the Wrentham Lions Club is holding its annual Toll Road Saturday May 4, from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. in Wrentham Center. Funds donated will be used for Lions Charities such as Perkins Schools for the Blind, National Braille Press and the Clara Barton Diabetes Center for …