Tuesday, March 19, 2013
The Norfolk School Committee is meeting tonight.
1. It's going to be a messy day with two to four inches of snow on the way. 2. The Norfolk School Committee Sub-Committee Meeting will be held Central office conference, 4:30 p.m.. Polices will be discussed and reviewed. 3. The Norfolk School Committee is meeting at the Freeman-Kennedy School's Media Center, 7 p.m. On the agenda is the community use of school facilities and resources. 4. The Plainville Zoning Board is meeting at the Senior Center, 7:30 p.m. Here is the agenda. 5. Make sure you like Wrentham Patch on Facebook and join in the discussion there.
Wednesday, March 13, 2013
Wrentham Premium Outlets to provide St. Patrick's Day entertainment.
1. It will be partly sunny today with highs in the low 50s, according to WHDH. The cooling will start late in the afternoon as it will drop into the 40s. 2. The Plainville Athletic League will be holding a facility cleanup, Saturday, March 16, from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. You are asked to bring shovels, prong rakes, leaf rakes, pick axes, grub hoes, wheel barrows and chain saws. A pizza lunch will be served. Anytime you can volunteer, it is appreciated. 3. The Sons of the Wrentham American Legion Post 225 (592 South St.) will be hosting a St. Patrick's Day Semi-Formal and all are welcome to attend. The event is on March 16 and starts at 7 p.m. Tickets will be $10 at the door. The menu includes a corned beef dinner, and there will be a DJ/Karaoke…
Thursday, February 21, 2013
Make sure you are following Wrentham Patch on Facebook.
1. Enjoy today as the weekend will be bringing another blast of winter, according to WHDH. There will be sun and clouds with high in the mid 30s today. 2. Four Paws will be meeting Thursday at Fiske Public Library from 5-7 p.m. 3. The Wrentham Open Space Committee will be meeting Monday. Feb. 25, at the Wrentham Elementary School at 7:30 p.m. 4. Who will win "Dancing with the Wrentham Stars? Here's the details from the Wrentham Community Events, Inc., who is sponsoring the event. It will offer a fun-filled evening featuring six local "stars" who will compete against each other in a dancing and fundraising competition. It will be held at Luciano's Lake Pearl on Friday, March 8, at 7 p.m. Each "star" will be aligned with one of six local …
Sunday, February 17, 2013
WHDH is reporting we will get more snow Sunday morning, followed by clearing in the afternoon.
Ready for more snow? Well, we're getting some more this morning along more wind. WHDH is reporting another 4-6 inches in the a.m. hours, followed by gusty winds in the afternoon. "Despite this not being a repeat of last weekend, there will be several hours that this storm packs a punch in terms of falling snow and wind," wrote WHDH's Chris Lambert on his weather blog. "Moderate to heavy snow, combined with an active wind does reduce visibility through late morning Sunday, creating tricky travel. As ugly as it'll look in the morning, much of the snow is done by noon, with the exception of the Cape and Islands, and perhaps some lingering light snow at the coast." Temperatures are expected to be in the 20s today before warming up to the 30s …
Friday, February 15, 2013
Temperatures will be rising today as the meltdown continues.
1. Look out for puddles today as temperatures are expected to range from highs of 45-50, according to WHDH. Snow will be developing Saturday midday and going through Saturday night with temperatures starting in the 30s and dropping into the 20s. Early predictions have one or two inches but that could change. It will be windy and cold Sunday with temperatures in the upper 20s to near 30. 2. The King Philip High girls' basketball team will be playing Taunton at home tonight in a 6:30 p.m. game, while the boys' basketball team will be at Taunton. 3. Sign up for Yoga with Chris Primavera at the Fiske Public Library. The next session starts Feb. 28. A payment of $65 is required. 4. The Lego Club will be meeting at Fiske Public Library …
Tuesday, February 12, 2013
WHDH is forecasting more snow for Thursday morning.
We'll have two more days to clear out the snow before another storm hits us. WHDH-TV is predicting three to six more inches of snow early Thursday morning. WHDH's Chris Lambert writes on his weather blog: "We catch a two day break before more snow tracks toward New England overnight Wednesday and Thursday morning. Looks like a quick hitter with a few inches of snow possible from Worcester to Boston, with lighter amounts north, and heavier amounts south. Indications are most of SE Mass will be in the 3-6" range. It's an early look at this storm, so the bands may get adjusted north or south. With a fast west to east movement of the storm, I don't expect this to become a blockbuster snow and wind event. However, I do expect more …
Tuesday, January 22, 2013
Today's snow is expected to be followed by temperatures in the single digits.
1. You could be looking at a messy ride this morning with periods of heavy snow before it tapers off in the afternoon, according to WHDH. Temperatures will be in the 20s during the day before dropping into the single digits overnight. Get ready for the cold Wednesday as it will start at 0 before only getting to 10 degrees during the day. 2. The King Philip High girls' basketball team will be hosting Oliver Ames today at 6:30 p.m., while the boys' basketball team will be traveling to Easton to face the Tigers. 3. The Wrentham selectmen will be meeting tonight at 6:30 p.m. 4. Christmas Tree pick up in Plainville will be the first week of February. Trees should be curbside on or before Feb. 4. Trees can also be dropped off at the ecycling …
Monday, January 21, 2013
Snow on the way tonight and into Wednesday.
1. Welcome to Monday and dress warm if you are venturing outside as temperatures will be in the upper 20s, according to WDHD. Light snow is expected overnight with fully snow expected to fall in the morning with an expected 1 to 3 inches Tuesday. Bitter cold is expected to arrive midweek. 2. No school today for the Martin Luther King Holiday. Town offices are also closed. 3. US Trendy Fashion website has named Wrentham's Ally Brown as the 35th most fashionable person in the Boston area. WHDH TV anchor Kim Khazel is No. 1, follow led by Gisele Bundchen. Gisele's husband, Tom Brady, is No. 27. FOX-TV's Maria Stephanos, a Foxborough resident, is No. 37, in the top 50. 4. The King Philip High girls' basketball team will be hosting Oliver …
Sunday, October 28, 2012
There is a high wind watch in effect Monday morning through Monday night.
The latest forecasts show earliest effects from Hurricane Sandy hitting before the morning commute Monday, with high wind and flood watches in effect from Monday morning through the night. Sunday, the National Weather Service issued the warnings for Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. WHDH's Jeremy Reiner said the worst of Sandy should be from 9 a.m. Monday until 2 a.m. Tuesday. "Within this period is our greatest risk of wind damage/power loss," Reiner wrote on his blog, noting that many towns will experience wind gusts over 40 miles per hour. Coastal cities and towns may see wind gusts between 50-60 mph and even some wind gusts near 70mph out on the Cape and Islands. Reiner said the speed of the wind isn't as great a concern as the…