Friday, May 17, 2013
The Norfolk Library will be hosting the Picnic Playgroup today.
1. The Annual SADD Walk of Tears in loving memory of Maura Howard, a graduate of King Philip High School and Amy Callaghan of Franklin High School, both victims of drunk driving, will take place at King Philip Regional High School on Sunday, May 19. Registration begins at 10:30 a.m. with an 11 a.m. start in front of the main entrance. The SADD Chapter (Students Against Destructive Decisions) will fund scholarships at both King Philip and Franklin High Schools. The walk is approximately three miles and there will be refreshments and water available. The event will be held rain or shine. 2. King Philip Youth Soccer will be hosting Fall Season Placement Evaluations June 9 at King Philip Middle School. Girls will check-in at 10:30 a.m. and …
Thursday, April 18, 2013
The Fiske Public Library is going to host a children's watercolor workshop Friday.
1. The Fiske Public Library will be presenting a Watercolor Workshop with Debra Banna, Friday, April 19, at 10 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. for ages six and up. The program is free, but canned goods donations are welcomed. 2. The Friends of the Norfolk Public Library are calling for bakers willing to donate baked goods to the annual Friends of the Norfolk Library Book and Bake Sale. This year’s sale will be held on Friday, April 26 from 6-9 p.m. (members only) and Saturday, April 27, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Norfolk DPW Garage, 33 Medway Branch Road. The Friends are also seeking volunteers to man the bake sale table on the day of the sale, April 27. Anyone interested in contributing to the sale or volunteering to help at the table may contact …
Tuesday, February 19, 2013
It's going to be a busy week at the Fiske Public Library, Plainville and Norfolk Public Libraries during February vacation.
With this week being February vacation week, there are a lot going on at the local libraries: At Plainville Public Library: Tuesday, Feb. 19: LEGO MAKE A TOWN CHALLENGE: Collectively, they are making a Lego town during the regular hours at the library. It could be a fire truck, a house, a park, a zoo, a story or a stop light. Pictures of the town will be posted on the library's Facebook page. BUBBLEOLOGY: A program will be offered dealing with the science of bubbles in the children's room at 10:30 a.m. The program is five and up and no registration is needed. Wednesday, Feb. 20: AN ELEPHANT & PIGGIE PARTY: A programs for ags 3 and up, featuring stories and crafts celebrating the friendship of Gerald and Piggie at 1:30 p.m. Thursday, Feb…
Tuesday, February 12, 2013
What's going on at the libraries today?
1. Let the meeting begin. WHDH-TV is calling for a sunny, breezy mild day with temperatures ranging for 41-46 degrees. 2. Toddler Play N' Learn with Gina McGarrigle will be held at 10:30 a.m. at the Fiske Public Library. It is for 12-30 month olds with a caregiver. 3. The Norfolk Recreation Digital Photo Club will be meeting at the Norfolk Library from 10 a.m. to noon. Contact Bob Sheppard at 508-528-9539. 4. Mother Goose on the Loose, a structured 30 minute program with rythymes, finger plays, music and puppetts for children 0-2 and their caregivers. No registration is required. 5. February fun fact for today: The average cherry tree grows enough cheeries to make about 70 cheery pies.
Thursday, January 17, 2013
Both the Wrentham and Plainville libraries have activities planned for children Saturday.
1. Snow yesterday and cold today, according to WHDH weather. We'll have midday temps up near 40 degrees, but by late afternoon, they will be following to the low 30s by late afternoon as a arctic front will blow in. It will also be windy later in the day. 2. The Wrentham Senior Center will be closed Friday. 3. At the Plainville Library, Saturday that Winniee The Therapy Dog will be visiting from 10:30-11:30 a.m. This cute beagle loves to listen to stories and you will be able to practice your reading. 4. Remember to make Saturday at the Fiske Public Library for Music with Sarah Gardner, all baby music, at 10:30 a.m. in the Sweatt Meeting Room. This is an interactive music program for the very young, 0-18 months. Registration is required…
Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Wednesdays at the Wrentham, Plainville and Norfolk Libraries offer a lot of fun opportunities.
1. The weather forecast is calling for snow today with a high of 37 and a low of 28 today. Wrentham appears to be on the edge of the three-five inches totally, accoding to WHDH. East of us is expected to get two inches to a coating. Snow is expected to end between 2-4 p.m. Sounds like a good day to go to the library so.... 2. The Daisy Scouts will be meeting at the Fiske Public Library in Wrentham from 4-5:30 p.m. 3. At the Plainville Library, there will be Story Time/Craft at 1:30 p.m. for ages 3-5 in the Children's Room. Don't forget Saturday that Winniee The Therapy Dog will be visiting from 10:30-11:30 a.m. This cutie beagle loves to listen to stories and you will be able to practice your reading. 4. The Norfolk Library has a jam…