Friday, April 5, 2013
Norfolk Board of Health to host rabies clinic Saturday.
2. The Wrentham Town Clerk is looking for election workers to work at the Local Town Election/Special State Primary on Tuesday, April 30. If interested, please call 508-384-5415. 3. The Plainville Athletic League's board meeting will be Sunday, April 7, at 5:30 p.m., followed by a general meeting at 7 p.m. at the clubhouse. 4. The King Philip Youth Lacrosse's Learn to Play program will start outdoors on April 14, weather permitting from 11:30 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. Players will learn the game from coaches and members of the King Philip High boys' and girls' lacrosse teams. 5. Make sure you like Wrentham Patch on Facebook and join in the discussion there.
Friday, March 22, 2013
Be sure to sign up for the Plainville Athletic League by March 23 online.
1. After a cloudy start and some flurries, the sunny will be appearing, according to WHDH-TV, giving us temperatures with highs in the low 40s. 2. The cast of National Geographic Channel’s hit series, "Wicked Tuna" will serve as celebrity judges for the second annual Patriot Place Chili Cook Off presented by Bass Pro Shops on Saturday, March 23 from 1 to 3 p.m. Bass Pro Shops in Patriot Place’s South marketplace, south of Gillette Stadium on Route 1. 3. The Wrentham Town Clerk’s office is looking for registered voters of the town to fill three vacancies for Registrar of Voters. For further information, please contact the Town Clerk at 508-384-5415. 4. Plainville Athletic League's online registration ends March 23. For more go to the …
Thursday, March 21, 2013
The Old Fiske Museum will be open Saturday.
1. It will mostly cloudy today with maybe some areas of light snow, according to WHDH, in the afternoon. Temperatures will be in the upper 30. Thursday 2. The Old Fiske Museum will be open Saturday, March 23, 10 a.m.-noon. This will be the first anniversary of the Cultural Council's Forum and they hope you will join them for coffee, tea, Abbey chocolates and vigorous conversation about the arts and Wrentham's burgeoning cultural expression. The exhibit "Wrentham Works: Yesterday and Today" has some additions which they hope you will enjoy. 3. The Wrentham Town Clerk’s office is looking for registered voters of the town to fill three vacancies for Registrar of Voters. For further information, please contact the Town Clerk at 508-384-…
Wednesday, March 20, 2013
With spring here, it's time to get the youth baseball news.
1. It's the first day of spring. Yes, really. It won't exactly feel like spring as, according to WHDH, it will be cold with a mix of sun and clouds, highs near 40. 2. The Wrentham Town Clerk’s office is looking for registered voters of the town to fill three vacancies for Registrar of Voters. For further information, please contact the Town Clerk at 508-384-5415. 3. Norfolk Youth Baseball will be holding its opening day, Saturday, April 20. Teams should gather no later than 11:30 a.m. at the H.O.D. School and the parade will start at noon, going to the Freeman School where games will be held. 4. Plainville Athletic League's online registration ends March 23. For more go to the league's web site. 5. Make sure you like Wrentham Patch on …
Friday, March 15, 2013
The weather is looking good for St. Patrick's Day.
1. Only a few flurries will be around this weekend, according to WHDH-TV. Today, it will be mostly sunny to partly cloudy with temperatues in upper 30s to low 40s. There will be some snow showers Saturday with highs near 40. St. Patrick's Day is a little colder with tempertures, but it will mostly sunny. 2. The Fiske Public Library will be presenting Big Ryan's Tall Tales, Saturday March 23, at 10:30 a.m. for ages 0-4. Big Ryan’s Tall Tales has been telling stories for over 11 years. This program focuses on puppet play and music and movement. The program lasts about 30 minutes. Tickets are now available at the circulation desk. Program is free but canned-good donations will be gratefully accepted for the Wrentham Food Pantry. This program …
Wednesday, March 13, 2013
Wrentham Premium Outlets to provide St. Patrick's Day entertainment.
1. It will be partly sunny today with highs in the low 50s, according to WHDH. The cooling will start late in the afternoon as it will drop into the 40s. 2. The Plainville Athletic League will be holding a facility cleanup, Saturday, March 16, from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. You are asked to bring shovels, prong rakes, leaf rakes, pick axes, grub hoes, wheel barrows and chain saws. A pizza lunch will be served. Anytime you can volunteer, it is appreciated. 3. The Sons of the Wrentham American Legion Post 225 (592 South St.) will be hosting a St. Patrick's Day Semi-Formal and all are welcome to attend. The event is on March 16 and starts at 7 p.m. Tickets will be $10 at the door. The menu includes a corned beef dinner, and there will be a DJ/Karaoke…
Thursday, January 24, 2013
It will be warming up just a little bit today, but you'll sit need your hat and gloves if you are venturing outside.
1. Well, it's going to be a little warmer today, according to WHDH. It will be a cold morning, but the sun will move in early, fall by clouds with highs in 20a. 2. The King Philip High girls' basketball team will be hosting Franklin tonight, while the boys will be at Franklin. Both games start at 6:30 p.m. 3. The Wrentham Elderly and Disabled Taxation Fund Committee is looking for three people to join them. Applications can find the form at the town's website under events. 4. The St. Mary's Wrentham Faith Formation Program will be going bowling, Jan. 26, at Fico's in Franklin. The event for all seventh and eighth graders and the cost is $20 to sign up. Do it ASAP so you don't miss out. 5. The Plainville Athletic League and UNO Chicago …