Friday, May 17, 2013
The Norfolk Library will be hosting the Picnic Playgroup today.
1. The Annual SADD Walk of Tears in loving memory of Maura Howard, a graduate of King Philip High School and Amy Callaghan of Franklin High School, both victims of drunk driving, will take place at King Philip Regional High School on Sunday, May 19. Registration begins at 10:30 a.m. with an 11 a.m. start in front of the main entrance. The SADD Chapter (Students Against Destructive Decisions) will fund scholarships at both King Philip and Franklin High Schools. The walk is approximately three miles and there will be refreshments and water available. The event will be held rain or shine. 2. King Philip Youth Soccer will be hosting Fall Season Placement Evaluations June 9 at King Philip Middle School. Girls will check-in at 10:30 a.m. and …
Tuesday, May 14, 2013
King Philip Music Department to perform free Jazz Night Wednesday.
1. A Workshop for Children for grades 2-6 will be held Thursday, May 16, 3:30-5 p.m. at the Fiske Public Library. This will be a very unique workshop with actor and drama student Ned Fitzgerald directing. Participants are invited to perform in a skit based on Shakespeare's work at the end of the workshop. Props and costumes will be provided. Games and activities. Come join the fun. The workshop is free, but canned goods are appreciated for the food pantry. Funding provided by the Friends of the Fiske. Sign up at the circulation desk, email firstname.lastname@example.org or sign up on www.wrenthamreads.org. — with Ned Fitzgerald. 2. The King Philip Music Program and King Philip Music Association proudly present Jazz Night on Wednesday, May 15, at …
Thursday, May 9, 2013
The Senior Art Show will be held tonight at the Fiske Public Library
1. The Annual SADD Walk of Tears in loving memory of Maura Howard, a graduate of King Philip High School and Amy Callaghan of Franklin High School, both victims of drunk driving, will take place at King Philip Regional High School on Sunday, May 19. Registration begins at 10:30 a.m. with an 11 a.m. start in front of the main entrance. The SADD Chapter (Students Against Destructive Decisions) will fund scholarships at both King Philip and Franklin High Schools. The walk is approximately three miles and there will be refreshments and water available. The event will be held rain or shine. 2. Wrentham Recyling will be holding a donation event May 11 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Wrentham Senior Center Parking Lot on Taunton Street. To see what…
Thursday, April 18, 2013
The Fiske Public Library is going to host a children's watercolor workshop Friday.
1. The Fiske Public Library will be presenting a Watercolor Workshop with Debra Banna, Friday, April 19, at 10 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. for ages six and up. The program is free, but canned goods donations are welcomed. 2. The Friends of the Norfolk Public Library are calling for bakers willing to donate baked goods to the annual Friends of the Norfolk Library Book and Bake Sale. This year’s sale will be held on Friday, April 26 from 6-9 p.m. (members only) and Saturday, April 27, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Norfolk DPW Garage, 33 Medway Branch Road. The Friends are also seeking volunteers to man the bake sale table on the day of the sale, April 27. Anyone interested in contributing to the sale or volunteering to help at the table may contact …
Monday, April 15, 2013
Norfolk County will start spraying for mosquitos this week
1. Happy Patriots Day. Don't forget today is also the tax deadline day. 2. The Norfolk County Mosquito Control District will be conducting helicopter applications for two to three days anytime between April 16, through April 26, These applications will be conducted over specific large wetlands in town. Contact the Wrentham Board of Health at (508) 384-5480 for further information. 3. The King Philip High baseball team will be traveling to Frothingham Park in Easton to play the Tigers in a noon start. 4. The Fiske Public Library will be presenting a Watercolor Workshop with Debra Banna, Friday, April 19, at 10 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. for ages six and up. The program is free, but canned goods donations are welcomed. 5. The Friends of the …
Friday, March 29, 2013
WHDH-TV is predicting a sunny start for Easter.
1. It will be sunny today then turn partly cloudly day with highs near 52, according to WHDH-TV. Saturday will be mostly sunny with the highs in the low to mid 50s. Easter Sunny will be sunny before giving way to clouds and showers in the afternoon with temperatures in the mid-50s. 2. Dog licenses in Wrentham are due by March 31. There is a $50 late fee after that date. 3. The 2013 Norfolk Board of Health's Rabbies Clinic will be held Saturday, April 6, at the DPW garage from 9-11 a.m. The cost is $12 per animal. Dr. Shelley Sandler, DVM, will be the vet. 4. The Friends of the Norfolk Public Library are calling for bakers willing to donate baked goods to the annual Friends of the Norfolk Library Book and Bake Sale. This year’s sale …
Tuesday, February 19, 2013
It's going to be a busy week at the Fiske Public Library, Plainville and Norfolk Public Libraries during February vacation.
With this week being February vacation week, there are a lot going on at the local libraries: At Plainville Public Library: Tuesday, Feb. 19: LEGO MAKE A TOWN CHALLENGE: Collectively, they are making a Lego town during the regular hours at the library. It could be a fire truck, a house, a park, a zoo, a story or a stop light. Pictures of the town will be posted on the library's Facebook page. BUBBLEOLOGY: A program will be offered dealing with the science of bubbles in the children's room at 10:30 a.m. The program is five and up and no registration is needed. Wednesday, Feb. 20: AN ELEPHANT & PIGGIE PARTY: A programs for ags 3 and up, featuring stories and crafts celebrating the friendship of Gerald and Piggie at 1:30 p.m. Thursday, Feb…
Tuesday, February 12, 2013
What's going on at the libraries today?
1. Let the meeting begin. WHDH-TV is calling for a sunny, breezy mild day with temperatures ranging for 41-46 degrees. 2. Toddler Play N' Learn with Gina McGarrigle will be held at 10:30 a.m. at the Fiske Public Library. It is for 12-30 month olds with a caregiver. 3. The Norfolk Recreation Digital Photo Club will be meeting at the Norfolk Library from 10 a.m. to noon. Contact Bob Sheppard at 508-528-9539. 4. Mother Goose on the Loose, a structured 30 minute program with rythymes, finger plays, music and puppetts for children 0-2 and their caregivers. No registration is required. 5. February fun fact for today: The average cherry tree grows enough cheeries to make about 70 cheery pies.
Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Wednesdays at the Wrentham, Plainville and Norfolk Libraries offer a lot of fun opportunities.
1. The weather forecast is calling for snow today with a high of 37 and a low of 28 today. Wrentham appears to be on the edge of the three-five inches totally, accoding to WHDH. East of us is expected to get two inches to a coating. Snow is expected to end between 2-4 p.m. Sounds like a good day to go to the library so.... 2. The Daisy Scouts will be meeting at the Fiske Public Library in Wrentham from 4-5:30 p.m. 3. At the Plainville Library, there will be Story Time/Craft at 1:30 p.m. for ages 3-5 in the Children's Room. Don't forget Saturday that Winniee The Therapy Dog will be visiting from 10:30-11:30 a.m. This cutie beagle loves to listen to stories and you will be able to practice your reading. 4. The Norfolk Library has a jam…
Thursday, July 28, 2011
Looking at events in the area this weekend.
Patriots Training Camp Where/When: Patriot Place, Foxborough. July 29, 9:30am-11:30am, 3:30pm-5:30pm What is it?: The New England Patriots will be holding training camp sessions on Thursday and Friday. The sessions will involved unpadded practices. Price: Free McAlister Drive Where/When: Wrentham Outlets. July 30, 1pm to 3pm What is it?: The Wrentham Outlets Summer Music series continues with McAlister Drive on Saturday at Patriot Court. Price: Free Wrentham Outlets Back to School Sale Where/When: Wrentham Outlets. July 30 - July 31 What is it?: The outlets will be holding a back to school sale from July 28 through Aug. 1. Stony Brook Camera Club Photo Exhibit Where/When: Norfolk Public Library. July 30, 10am to 2pm What is it?: Nineteen …