Thursday, February 21, 2013
The King Philip High track teams had two first places finishers in the Division 2 meet. Andrea Olsen won the girls' shot put and Owen Gosner captured the boys' mile.
The following is an update on how the King Philip High athletic teams are doing this winter. BOYS' ICE HOCKEY (9-8-3): Gavin McIntryre and Jack Riley scored as the Warriors tied Attleboro, 2-2, Saturday, lost to North Attleboro, 8-0, Monday and beat Foxborough, 2-0, Wednesday. Nick D'Amico and Riley were named to the Hockomock League all-star team, while MacIntyre was an honorable mention selection. NEXT GAME: The Warriors will be playing at Martha's Vineyard, Friday at 6 p.m. in the regular season finale. WRESTLING-Because of the prediction for snow Sunday, the state wrestling finals have been moved to Friday and Saturday at Salem High School. TRACK: KP took part in the Division 2 meet at the Reggie Lews Center. GIRLS' 300: 3 Christa …
Friday, February 15, 2013
Temperatures will be rising today as the meltdown continues.
1. Look out for puddles today as temperatures are expected to range from highs of 45-50, according to WHDH. Snow will be developing Saturday midday and going through Saturday night with temperatures starting in the 30s and dropping into the 20s. Early predictions have one or two inches but that could change. It will be windy and cold Sunday with temperatures in the upper 20s to near 30. 2. The King Philip High girls' basketball team will be playing Taunton at home tonight in a 6:30 p.m. game, while the boys' basketball team will be at Taunton. 3. Sign up for Yoga with Chris Primavera at the Fiske Public Library. The next session starts Feb. 28. A payment of $65 is required. 4. The Lego Club will be meeting at Fiske Public Library …
Wednesday, February 13, 2013
The King Philip boys' basketball team will be hosting North Attleboro tonight at 6;30 p.m.
1. Sunshine will be the story for most of the day, according to WHDH, as teamperatures will be reaching a high near 40. Light snow moves in after 11 p.m. and we'll be looking at it continuing early in the morning before turning to flurries by 9 a.m. 2. In sports action, the King Philip boys' basketball team will be hosting North Attleboro at 6:30 p.m., while the girls will be at North Attleboro. 3. Remember the winter parking ban is in effect until April 1 in Wrentham. There is no parking on the main streets from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. 4. Wrentham Times editor Pat Coleman will be giving a talk on Wrentham boxer Ernie Schaaf at the Fiske Public Library at 7 p.m. Coleman has authored a book on Schaaf, called "Fallen & Forgotten: The Ernie …
Friday, February 8, 2013
Check back here through the storm for the latest information from Wrentham, Norfolk and Plainville.
The following is an update on storm news from Norfolk, Plainville and Wrentham during the snowstorm. Saturday, Feb. 9- 9 a.m.-Kurt Schwartz, secretary director of MEMA, said the MBTA will be closed today. He also said the travel ban will be readdressed later today. The U.S. Postal Service has suspended mail delivery 8:25 a.m.-Today's weather from WHDH- Snow slowly ramps down! Early snow tapers to flurries by mid/late afternoon. Blustery and cold with highs from 20-25. Storm totals approach 18-24 feet in many areas including Boston. Sunday: Mostly sunny skies. Little to no wind. Highs in the low 30s. 8:15 a.m.Logan Airport is expecting the first flights to being going out Sunday. Friday, Feb. 8 - From the Plainville Police Department As…
Wednesday, February 6, 2013
Get ready for a snowstorm Friday? The early forecast is predicting a possible blizzard.
1. It won't feel like Florida, but after early flurries, it will be partly sunny with tempatures in the mid-30s, according to WHDH. On the horizon is a possible snowstorm on Friday into Saturday. The storm is expected to start at 11 a.m. Thursday and go into Friday at 11 a.m. Whlle it's still a couple of days away, you can follow the storm at WHDH's Peter Boucher's blog. 2 Today is the 35th anniversary of the Blizzard of "78. Where were you what that happen? Do you have any photos? Leave your memories in the comment section and post your photos in Pic & Clips. 3. Greg Malchack will be teaching a class, Monet's Mirror, for teens and adults at the Fiske Public Library, Tuesday, Feb. 19, from 6-8 p.m. It is a free class, but signed up is …
Monday, February 4, 2013
The King Philip High boys' basketball team will be hosting Durfee tonight at 6:30.
1. Dress warm today as it will be chilly with gusty winds and temperatures will be in the lower 30s, according to WHDH. There will be a combination of sun and clouds. 2.HESSCO Elder Services is looking for volunteers interested in becoming drivers fro their Meals of Wheels Program. The program, which delivers prepared meals to homebound elders, is in dire search of volunteers to contribute appproximately an hour a week to elders who have difficuilties getting their own meals otherwise. Volunteers are especially needed on Mondays. HESSCO's goal is help elders in their own homes as long as possible. Providing one meal each day is just one way to accomplish this goal. If interested in helping, call Laura at 781-784-4977 extension 211 as …
Friday, February 1, 2013
The King Philip High boys' basketball team will be looking to beat Stoughton at home today at 6:30 p.m.
1. Well, it was nice for a couple of days. The cold weather is returning, according to WHDH, with cold and dry conditions with temperatures in the low to mid 30s. There will be more clouds than sunshine and a few flurries are possible. 2. A wine-and-cheese reception to celebrate the opening of a new art exhibit by The Young Artist Studio will be held Thursday, Feb. 7, from 5-7 p.m. at The Terrace Café in Wrentham. The exhibit will be on display through the month of February. This exhibit includes works of acrylic on canvas and mixed media created by artists ages six-14. For more information about the exhibit or the Young Artist Studio itself, contact Miss Rebecca at 617-320-4253, or visit http://youngartiststudioz.com/. To find out more …
Thursday, January 24, 2013
It will be warming up just a little bit today, but you'll sit need your hat and gloves if you are venturing outside.
1. Well, it's going to be a little warmer today, according to WHDH. It will be a cold morning, but the sun will move in early, fall by clouds with highs in 20a. 2. The King Philip High girls' basketball team will be hosting Franklin tonight, while the boys will be at Franklin. Both games start at 6:30 p.m. 3. The Wrentham Elderly and Disabled Taxation Fund Committee is looking for three people to join them. Applications can find the form at the town's website under events. 4. The St. Mary's Wrentham Faith Formation Program will be going bowling, Jan. 26, at Fico's in Franklin. The event for all seventh and eighth graders and the cost is $20 to sign up. Do it ASAP so you don't miss out. 5. The Plainville Athletic League and UNO Chicago …
Tuesday, January 15, 2013
Norfolk Board of Health and Walpole Area Visiting Nurse Association to host flu clinic.
1. The temperatures will be dropping today with a high of 39 under sunny skies and a low of 30. 2. The Norfolk Board of Health and the Walpole Area Visiting Nurse Association will be holding a flu clinic Thursday, Jan. 17, from 12:30-2:30 p.m. at the Norfolk Town, 1 Libery Lane. There is no charge for the vaccine and they are able to vaccinate anyone six months or older. For more information, call 508-528-7747 if you need any information. 3. The King Philip High girls' basketball team will be hosting Sharon Tuesday, while the boys will be in Sharon. Both games start at 6:30 p.m. 4. The Teacher Evaluation Subcommittee will be meeting Wednesday, Jan. 16, from 3-6 p.m. at King Philip Middle School, 18 King St., Norfolk. 5. The Wrentham …
Thursday, January 10, 2013
The King Philip High boys' basketball team will be hosting North Attleboro Friday night.
1. If you liked yesterday weather-wise, you are going to like today. It will be more of the same with a high of 45 and a low of 27. 2. The Wrentham Town Government Committee will be meeting tonight. 3. Remember the winter parking ban is in affect on Wrentham public streets from 6 p.m. to 6 p.m. It ends on April 1. 4. The Little Red Schoolhouse will be holding an open house Saturday, Jan. 12 from 10 a.m. to noon. It is located at 944 West St. in Wrentham. 5. The King Philip High boys' basketball team will be hosting North Attleboro Friday night, while girls' team will be at North Attleboro.