Monday, July 30, 2012
Here is what's happening down at the Fiske Library.
REMINDER : WE ARE NOW CLOSED SATURDAYS FOR THE SUMMER !! A VISIT TO THE FIRE STATION Thurs. Aug. 2 -- Ages 3 ½ and up -- 10:00AM Meet at the library for a “Fire Story” and then walk over to tour the Wrentham Fire Station and climb on the trucks!! Sign-up at the circulation desk. Program is free but canned-good donations will be gratefully accepted for the Wrentham Food Pantry. TOUCH A TRUCK Wed. Aug. 1 -- 10:00AM Preschoolers and truck enthusiasts are invited to hear a good “Truck Story”, check out a truck book and touch and climb on trucks from the Wrentham DPW in the library parking lot!! Sign-up at the circulation desk. Program is free but canned-good donations will be gratefully accepted for the Wrentham Food Pantry. Self-Help, Inc., …
Tuesday, June 26, 2012
Here are the five things you need to know for June 26.
- LOCAL CONNECTIONS
- Dan Libon
Tuesday, June 26, 2012
1. After yesterday’s storm, there is a 40-percent chance of additional thunderstorms in the afternoon with a high of 69 degrees and a low of 56. 2. Norfolk Legion Baseball travels to face Needham today at 5:45pm. In their previous meeting on June 18, Needham edged out Norfolk 4-3. 3. Want to enjoy a game of cribbage? The Wrentham Senior Center will be hosting games of cribbage this morning at 9 a.m. Admission is $1. 4. Liz Buchanan will be hosting a sing along for children four and under this Wednesday at 10:30 a.m. at the Fiske Public Library. Admission is free, but canned-good donations will be accepted for the Wrentham Food Pantry. 5. Today is the last day to save at the Gap Outlet down at the Wrentham Outlets. The store will be …
Friday, June 22, 2012
Patriot Place to host fireworks July 3.
1. There will be a Fourth of July Bike Decorating and Parade at the Fiske Library June 29 at 2 p.m. 2. Patriot Place will be hosting fireworks July 3 at 9 p.m. 3. Francis William Bird Park in East Walpole is hosting their annual Ice Cream Social, Saturday, June 23, from 4-6:30 p.m. There will be live music. 4. Make sure you mark off a few hours on your calendar Saturday for the Wrentham Downtown Merchants Musicial Festival. From noon-3 p.m., you'll get to hear top local musicians. By the way, the weather is looking great for the weekend. 5. Speaking of the weather, today is expected to be the last day of the hot weather as temperatures are expected to reach 91 with possible thunderstorms in the afternoon.
Thursday, June 21, 2012
Patriot Place will be holding fireworks this year.
1. There will be a Fourth of July Bike Decorating and Parade at the Fiske Library June 29 at 2 p.m. 2. Patriot Place will be hosting fireworks July 3 at 9 p.m. 3. There will be no live racing at Plainridge Racecourse today because of the extreme heat. 4. Make you mark off a few hours on your calendar for the Wrentham Downtown Merchants Musicial Festival. From noon-3 p.m., you'll get to hear top local musicians. By the way, the weather is looking great for the weekend. 5. Speaking of weather, this will be a good day to find some shade as temperatures are expected to be in middle 90s with a high of 95. Last night at 11 p.m., it was 88 degrees outside.
Wednesday, June 20, 2012
Congratulations to the King Philip U15 Boys' Select Lacrosse Team for in the state championships.
1. A tip of the lacrosse stick to the King Philip U15 Boys' Select Lacrosse team for their winning of the Massachusetts Bay Youth Lacrosse League Select Championships by beating Weston-Amherst, 9-4. On the season, the boys went 19-1-1 overall and were 12-0 in league. Way to go gentlemen. 2. There will be a Fourth of July Bike Decorating and Parade at the Fiske Library June 29 at 2 p.m. 3. The Friends of Fiske board meeting will be tonight at 7 p.m. in the Genelogy Room. 4. There will be free craft times at Patriot Place in the North Marketplace from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. as part of Kraftville Krafts. 5. Today is definite a day to give the air conditioner a workout as there will be high of 91 with a low of 75 under partly cloudy skies.
Monday, June 18, 2012
The King Philip School Committee will be meeting tonight.
1. The King Philip School Committee will be meeting at the high school library at 7 p.m. 2. The Wrentham Selectmen will be meeting Tuesday at 7 p.m. 3. Final exams will be going at King Philip High School today from 7:40 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. 4. The Summer Reading Program resignation will being Tuesday at Fiske Library. 5. The weather today is calling for sunny skies with a high of 69 and a low of 53.
Tuesday, June 12, 2012
The AAA New England Home Buyers' Seminar at Fiske Library Thursday.
1. Final exams are going on this week at King Philip High School this week. 2. Pretzel Yoga for ages three-six-years-old will be offered at the Fiske Public Library Thursday, starting at 1:30 p.m. 3. There will be an AAA New England Home Buyers' Seminar Wednesday at the Fiske Library from 7-9 p.m. in the Sweatt Meeting Room. 4. The Shriners Football Classic will played Friday at Gillette Stadium at 7 p.m. The game features some of the top high school players in the state. 5. It will be partly cloudy today with a high of 72, according to weather.com.
Friday, June 8, 2012
Get tips for Father's Day BQ tonight at the Wrentham Outlets.
1. It will be Father's Day-Beer-B-Que at the Wrentham Outlets, Friday, June 8, from 5-7 p.m. Grilling tips and samplings from the master butchers at Whole Foods Market and the newest in micro beers from Blue Hills Brewery. The event will be at Calphalon, Suite 642. 2. There will be yoga classes with Chris Primavera at Fiske Library. The last session before the summer will be a four-week one, starting June 7 and continuing June 14, 21 and 28. The cost for this session will be $40, not the usual $65. 3. The Concert on the Common series will start on Sunday, June 10, with the King Philip Band starting things off. The series is sponsored by Wrentham Sweatt Fund. 4. After beating Somerset-Berkeley, 2-0, in the Division 1 semifinals, the King …
Friday, June 1, 2012
Fiske Library is using the summer schedule.
1. The Fiske Library is now closed on Saturdays for the summer. 2. It's Field Day in the Wrentham Public Schools today, starting at 9 a.m. 3. Here's a great tip from Wrentham Recycling: Have some greeting cards you don't know what to do with? Send them to: St. Jude’s Ranch for Children, Recycled Card Program, 100 St. Jude’s St., Boulder City, NV 89005. 4. Uno's Chicago Grille in Wrentham is celebrating Armed Forces Week with the Marines. Recruiters should stop in to our restaurant and get an Uno's thank you from their servers. 5. It will sunny with a high of 81 today, according to weather.com with a low of 56.
Saturday, May 26, 2012
Things to know in Wrentham today.
Saturday, May 26, 2012
Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. 1. The Lego Club will meet at the Fiske Public Library on Saturday from 2:30pm to 3:45pm. 2. The Lindt Chocolate Store at the Wrentham Village Premium Outlets will be reopening at 10am on Saturday. Visitors to the store on Saturday and Sunday will receive a free chocolate bar. 3.. The Stony Brook Wildlife Sanctuary will hold a "Bird Banding" demonstration on Saturday at 8:30am. Join veteran bird-bander Strickland Wheelock as he nets, measures, weighs, bands and releases songbirds. 4. The sanctuary will also host a "Maximum Migration Meander," in which various bird migration locations in the area will be visited. 5. Be …