Friday, December 21, 2012
It's Friday, December 21 and here are the five things you need to know!
1. Today's Weather from the National Weather Service 2. KP Sports Today 3. Botaish to seek reelection Adding to the incumbents running for reelection in the next town election, Wrentham Board of Selectmen Chairman Joe Botaish has decided to run a second term in April's town election. Botaish is one of two selectmen up who's term expires in 2013 along with Gail Pratt. 4. Terrace Cafe Taking Reservations for New Year's Eve Looking to go out to celebrate the new year but don't want to go far? The Terrace Cafe in Downtown Wrentham is currently taking reservations for the final night of 2012. The four course meal and champagne toast is $50 per person. Reservations are required for the evening. 5. Live Music at Patriot Place Tonight
Thursday, December 20, 2012
It's December 20 and there are the five things you need to know!
1. Today's Weather from the National Weather Service 2. New Year's Day 5K Returns The Wrentham Lions Club is sponsoring our 13th annual New Years Classic 5K Road Race on Tuesday, January 1, 2013 at the Eagle Brook Saloon – 258 Dedham Street in Norfolk MA. Rain, snow or shine, the race starts at 10:00 AM. Race day registration is $30 and begins at 8:30 A.M. The registration fee includes all you can eat buffet and racing gloves to the first 100 entrants. There will be continuous cash raffles for additional prizes and non-runner buffet tickets can also be purchased for $10. For $25 advance registration or further information about this event, please contact Joe Moscariello, chairman of the Wrentham Lions New Years Classic committee at …
Wednesday, December 19, 2012
It's Wednesday, December 19 and here are the five things you need to know.
1. Today's Weather from National Weather Service 2. King Philip Sports Today 3. Wrentham Senior Center to Receive Donation The Wrentham Senior Center received an early Christmas gift from Friends of Wrentham Senior Inc. in the form of a $6,000 donation. The money will be used to hire activity instructors, lifeline protection plans, and busses for senior trips during 2013. 4. Wrentham Selectmen to write to Newtown Selectmen The Wrentham Board of Selectmen announced last night that they will be sending a letter to the first selectwoman of Newtown, CT to express their sympathy for last week's tragedy. 5. Planning Board to Meet Tonight The Wrentham Planning Board will hold a meeting tonight at 7:00 p.m. in the meeting room on the …
Tuesday, December 18, 2012
In this edition of 5 Things You Need to Know, the Wrentham Board of Selectmen meet tonight, the Hockomock YMCA will be offering No School Fun Days during December break, and more!
1. Today's Weather from the National Weather Service 2. King Philip Sports Today 3. Selectmen Meeting Tonight The Wrentham Board of Selectmen will meet tonight in the meeting room on the second floor of Town Hall at 6:45 p.m. The Board of Health and Nancy Lockwood of the Terrace Cafe are scheduled for appointments with the board. 4. Toys for Tots Deadlines Approaching With Christmas less than a week away, this will be the final week to donate a new, unopened toy to Toys for Tots. To see the local dropoff spots, click here. 5. No School Fun Days from the YMCA From the Hockomock YMCA Providing youth with opportunities to continue to learn and engage in meaningful activities during out of school time can boost their academic success. …
Monday, December 17, 2012
In today's edition of 5 Things You Need to Know, A few elected officials will be seeking reelection in April's town election, new committee members are wanted, and the KP wrestling team takes on OA tonight.
1. Today's Weather from the National Weather Service 2. King Philip Sports Today 3. Committee Memebers Wanted From the Town of Wrentham's official website: The Town of Wrentham is looking for three Town residents to be members of the Elderly & Disabled Taxation Fund Committee (MGL Chapter 60, Section 3D). Taxpayers may donate to the Taxation Fund and this Committee would be charged to carry out the provisions of this Chapter and identify the recipients of such aid. If you are interested, click on the link below to fill out an Application Form and submit completed form to the Board of Selectmen's Office. 4. Incumbents Seeking Re-election in April's Town Meeting After nominations papers were made available on December 10, a a few …
Saturday, December 15, 2012
This weekend, the busts of the five Patriots inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame will be on display at Patriot Place, Tranquil Souls Yoga tries to make holiday shopping a bit easier, and more.
1. This Weekend's Weather from the National Weather Service 2. KP Sports This Saturday 3. The Hall at Patriot Place Celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the Pro Football Hall of Fame To celebrate 50 years of the Pro Football Hall of Fame, the Hall at Patriot Place will have a special speaker series on December 15 featurning Pro Footbal Hall of Fame members Andre Tippett and Mike Haynes from 3 to 5 p.m. Tickets to the event are $25 and include an autograph from the two Pro Football Hall of Famers. Tickets are available for purchase at www.thehallatpatriotplace.com. The busts of the five Patriots inducted into the Hall of Fame will also be on display. 4. Holiday Drop and Shop at Tranquil Souls Yoga Need to get your holiday shopping done…
Friday, December 14, 2012
It's Friday, December 14 and here are the five things you need to know!
1. Today's Weather from the National Weather Service 2. King Philip Sports Today 3. Lake Pearl Luciano's Holiday Party Tonight Lake Pearl Luciano's will hold their Annual Small Business Holiday Party tonight starting at 6:30 p.m. Their dinner and dancing package are $39.95 per person (inclusive). For menu information click here. 4. Get your Christmas Tree at the American Legion With 11 days to go before Christmas, there is still plenty of time to get a Christmas tree. The Wrentham Lions will be selling trees today at the American Legion from 5:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. and this weekend from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. All hours of operation are weather permitting. 5. Sign Up for the Patch Newsletter! Have you signed up for our daily newsletter? …
Thursday, December 13, 2012
In today's 5 Things you Need to Know, the Boys Scouts announce their Christmas pickup service, the KP girls' basketball team takes on Weston tonight, and more.
1. Today's Weather from the National Weather Service Today: Sunny, with a high near 42. Light and variable wind. Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around 27. Calm wind. 2. Conservation Commission Meeting Tonight The Conservation Commission will meet tonight at 7:00 p.m. in the meeting room on the second floor of Town Hall. 3. King Philip Sports Today 4. Middle School Holiday Concert Tonight The King Philip Middle School Band and Chorus will hold their holiday concert tonight at 7:00 p.m. at King Philip High School. 5. Tree Removal from the Boy Scouts Boy Scout Troop 131 will perform their annual Christmas tree recycling drive as a service project for Wrentham residents only. For a $10 donation, curbside pickup will be on Saturday, …
Wednesday, December 12, 2012
Today in 5 Things You Need to Know, the Plainville Athletic League and Wrentham Youth Baseball Softball announce a joint fundraiser, the Plainville Public Library is collecting donations for Toys for Tots, and fire safety tips for the holidays.
1. Today's Weather from the National Weather Service 2. King Philip Sports Today 3. Toys for Tots in Plainville The Plainville Public Library is currently collecting new, unopened toys for Toys for Tots through Thursday. Donations can be dropped off at the Plainville Library until 2:00 p.m. on Thursday. 4. Plainville Athletic League/Wrentham Youth Baseball Softball Fundraiser The Plainville Athletic League recently announced that they will be holding a Las Vegas Night along with Wrentham Youth Baseball Softball on March 2 from 6:00 p.m. - midnight at the North Attleboro Elk's Lodge. The evening will help support Plainville Athletic League and Wrentham Youth baseball/softball. More information is expected to be announced during the …
Tuesday, December 11, 2012
It's Tuesday, December 11, here are the five things you need to know.
1. Today's Weather from the National Weather Service 2. King Philip Sports Today 3. Joint Meeting Between Finance Committee and Selectmen The Wrentham Board of Selectmen and the Finance Committee will meet tonight at 7:00 p.m. in the meeting room on the second floor of Town Hall to discuss the 2014 Town Budget. 4. Trailer for Documentry Fimed in Wrentham Released Over the summer, two skateboarders passed though Wrentham as part of a documentry chronicaling their attempt to sakeboard from Boston to New York City. The trailer for the documentry, named Backstreet Atlas, has recently been released. The movie is expected to be released in January 2013. 5. Wrentham School Committee to Meet The Wrentham School Committee will meet tonight …