With the new year comes new elections. While National and State elections may be behind us, here in Easton we're gearing up for local elections. Believe it or not, Easton residents will be voting for town officials in just four months on April 23. Residents can begin to pull nomination papers beginning this week through the beginning of March.
Here is a look at what positions are available this year, according to Town Clerk Jeremy Gillis:
- Board of Selectmen (two seats, three years)
- School Committee (two seats, three years)
- Board of Health (one seat, three years)
- Easton Housing Authority (one seat, five years)
- Board of Assessors (one seat, three years)
- Finance Committee (three seats, three years)
We'll be keeping an eye on who is pulling papers. A full list of deadlines, provided by Gillis, is attached.
In the meantime, who do you think should run for Town Office?