.

Fire on Hamilton Road Caused by Oven

A kitchen fire on Hamilton Road has damaged the home's attic and kitchen according to Wrentham Fire Chief Jay McMorrow.

An accident involving an oven has caused an estimated $25,000 in damage at a Hamilton Road home.

After papers fell near an oven in the kitchen of 137 Hamilton Road, the self cleaning unit on the oven set the papers on fire and sent smoke and fire through the microwave, cabinets, up the walls of the house, and into the attic. The fire damaged the attic and destroyed the microwave, oven, and cabinets in the kitchen accord to Wrentham Fire Chief Jay McMorrow.

Crews from Plainville, Norfolk, and Franklin were called in to assist.

At attempt to put out the fire with a garden hose prior to the arrival of firefighters was unsuccessful and led to the only injury as one person had to be treated for lacerations in the back after slipping on a picture frame while trying to put out the fire with the hose. The person's name has not been released yet according to McMorrow.

Currently the house is inhabitable but the owners do have insurance and are working to return to the house with in a couple of days according to McMorrow.

Original Story

At 11:54 a.m., Northeast Fire Alerts reported on Twitter that a fire has broken out in the kitchen of 137 Hamilton Road.

Early reports say that an oven fire has caused the fire. Crews from Plainville, Norfolk, and Franklin in addition to the Wrentham FD have been called in to deal with the fire. 

Wrentham Patch will update this article once more information is available. 

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something