1. The Plainville Summer Learning Academy program is offered in two sessions for three weeks in July and August. Classes will be held from 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday to Friday. For details and registration form, please visit Plainville Summer Learning Academy.
2. Tuesday, June 25, is Norfolk Baseball Day at McCoy Stadium as the Pawtucket Red Sox will be playing the Toledo Mudhens in a 7:05 p.m. Tickets are $8 for general admission with 50-percent of the cost going to Norfolk Youth Baseball through this program. All children will have a chance to go on to the field before the game. For ticket information, email email@example.com. Tickets are limited.
3. The King Philip Music Program and King Philip Music Association proudly present Jazz Night on Wednesday, May 15, at 7 p.m. at the KP High School Auditorium. Admission is free. The evening will feature the award winning High School Jazz Ensemble and the Middle School Jazz Ensemble. There will be a special guest appearance by renowned saxophonist Nathan Childers. He has performed with some of the world's greatest musicians: Aretha Franklin, Tommy Dorsey Orchestra, Jimmy Dorsey Orchestra and more, as well as appeared in numerous television shows and films.
4. The Annual SADD Walk of Tears in loving memory of Maura Howard, a graduate of King Philip High School and Amy Callaghan of Franklin High School, both victims of drunk driving, will take place at King Philip Regional High School on Sunday, May 19. Registration begins at 10:30 a.m. with an 11 a.m. start in front of the main entrance. The SADD Chapter (Students Against Destructive Decisions) will fund scholarships at both King Philip and Franklin High Schools. The walk is approximately three miles and there will be refreshments and water available. The event will be held rain or shine.
5. Make sure you like Wrentham Patch on Facebook and join the discussion there.