1. This Weekend's Weather From the National Weather Service
- Saturday: A chance of snow showers before 9am, then a chance of rain showers. Cloudy, with a high near 39. Northeast wind 3 to 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Saturday Night: A chance of showers, mainly before 11pm. Patchy fog after 1am. Otherwise, cloudy, with a low around 38. East wind around 5 mph becoming south after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Sunday: A slight chance of showers after 2pm. Patchy fog before 9am. Otherwise, partly sunny, with a high near 54. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Sunday Night: A chance of showers between 8pm and 5am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 42. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
2. MIAA Super Bowls at Gillette Stadium
Gillette Stadium will host six Super Bowl games at this Saturday. Admission to the stadium is $15 for adults and $12 for students. The fee includes parking and admission to all six games.
NOTE: Game times are approximate, starting 15 minutes after conclusion of the previous game
DIVISION Matchup TIME
Eastern Mass Div. IVA Boston Cathedral vs. Madison Park 9 a.m.
Central Mass Div. II Nashoba vs. Shepherd Hill 11 a.m.
Eastern Mass Div. IA Everett vs. Barnstable 1:30 p.m.
Eastern Mass Div. IIA Beverly vs. Natick 3:30 p.m.
Western Mass Div. II South Hadley vs. Wahconah 6 p.m.
Eastern Mass Div. IIIA Lynnfield vs. Bishop Feehan 8 p.m.
3. KP Winter Pops Tonight
The 17th annual King Philip Winter Pops Concert will be held tonight at King Philip Regional High School.
This concert is presented by the King Philip Regional High School music department and the King Philip Music Association.
This year’s theme is “The Nightmare Before Christmas” and is guaranteed to put everyone in the spirit of the season. The evening is modeled after the Boston Pops concerts at Symphony Hall.
Patrons can order old-fashioned comfort food and beverages while seated at tables in the field house to be enjoyed while listening to music played and sung by the school’s acclaimed musicians and chorus students.
Tickets may be purchased at the door, which opens at 6pm for the 7pm concert, and are $10 for adults and $5 for seniors and students.
4. The Old Fiske Museum Open House
The Old Fiske Museum will hold its annual Holiday Open House on Sunday, December 2, 2012, 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
The featured event will be the Shane Wood Jazz Trio offering exciting renditions of holiday music as well as jazz classics.
The ongoing exhibits of the Wrentham Cultural Council and the Wrentham Historical Commission, "Wrentham Works: Yesterday and Today" will be available for viewing, enhanced by beautiful decorations by the Sohoanno Garden Club. Exhibiting artists will be present to meet and greet.
Come enjoy the music, refreshments and special chocolates donated by Mount St. Mary's Abbey.
The Shane Wood Jazz trio is supported by a grant from the Wrentham Cultural Council, a local agency which is supported by the Massachusetts Cultural Council, a state agency.
5. Parking Ban Takes Effect on Saturday
The ban on all parking on public roads will go into effect today and will last until April 1, 2013. Between 6:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m., there will be no public parking allowed. Any car that interferes with the removal of snow or ice between those hours will be towed by the town. The ban will be enforced judicially to prevent residents from worrying about parking in downtown during the evening or on a side road on nights where snow removal is not an issue.