1. Today's Weather From the National Weather Service
- Today: A chance of snow before 11am, then a slight chance of rain between 11am and 1pm. Patchy fog before 9am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a high near 40. North wind 6 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Tonight: Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming clear, with a low around 22. West wind 5 to 7 mph.
2. Parking Ban Takes Effect on Saturday
The ban on all parking on public roads will be in effect on December 1. Between 6:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m., there will be no public parking allowed. Any car that interferes with the removal of snow or ice between those hours will be towed by the town. The ban will be enforced judicially to prevent residents from worrying about parking in downtown during the evening or on a side road on nights where snow removal is not an issue.
3. Father/Daughter/Special Person Dance
The semiformal event encourages King Philip High School girls to invite their father, stepfather, grandfather, uncle, older brother, or other important adult male in their life to share an evening of dinner and dancing. Tickets are on sale during lunchtime in the school cafeteria starting on December 4, 2012 and cost $30 per person. For more information, visit www.kpparentnetwork.org.
4. Winslow Proposes Tax on Campaigns
With talk about raising taxes, State Rep. Dan Winslow recently said that it is campaigns that should be taxed. In an interview, Winslow proposed a 25 percent tax on leftover campaign money at the end of each election cycle.
With $20,000 in his campaign account, Winslow himself would be taxed $5,000.
5. Dancing with the Wrentham Stars
Six brave “citizens” (the Stars) have been paired up with six local charitable organizations for a night of fun and friendly competition. The goal of the event is to bring the entire community together to raise funds and showcase all that is good in Wrentham.
Who are the Wrentham Dancing Stars of 2013? A local shop owner? Maybe a town employee? Your child’s teacher perhaps? Or, who knows, maybe you will see your neighbor out on the dance floor!
The contestants are eager to start their dance lessons and begin raising “votes” (donations for their charities) however; their names will not be officially announced until January 2, 2013.