1. Today's Weather From the National Weather Service
- Showers, mainly before noon. Patchy fog before 8am. High near 54. Northwest wind 6 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Wednesday NightMostly clear, with a low around 24. Northwest wind 7 to 11 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph.
2. Planning Board Meeting Tonight
3. Miracle on 34th Street at King Philip High School
The King Philip High School Drama Club and The Grady Auditorium Production Staff will perform “Miracle on 34th Street,” this Friday, December 7 and Saturday, December 8, in the auditorium at KP High School.
Doors will open at 6:30 p.m. for the 7:00 p.m. performance. In the event of a cancellation due to snow, there will a performance on Sunday, December 9 at 2:00 p.m.
Tickets are $7 for adults, $5 for senior citizens and children under the age of 12 and will be sold at the door starting at 6:00 p.m.
4. Rep. Winslow Against Proposed Cuts
Yesterday, State Representative Dan Winslow (R-Norfolk) came out against Governor Patrick's proposal to cut local aid in Massachusetts by 1% because of declining state revenues, calling on the Governor first to cut the fluff and waste from state government and then to embrace reforms for immediate cost savings.
Winslow pledged to oppose cuts to local aid until the Governor first exhausts all possible state savings by cutting "fluff" and by embracing cost savings proposals advanced by Winslow and others. "These are challenging times, but these are the same people who told us last month that the economy had turned around," noted Winslow.
5. Christmas Trees for Sale by the Wretham Lions
The Wrentham Lions Club are selling Christmas Trees this season at American Legion Hall on Route 1A until December 23. Hours of operation will be Wednesday-Friday 5 pm to 8 pm and Saturday-Sunday 9 am to 8:00 pm (all times weather permitting).