1. Today's Weather from the National Weather Service
- Today: Rain. Patchy fog before 1pm. High near 46. Breezy, with a east wind 15 to 20 mph becoming north 8 to 13 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.
- Tonight: Rain and snow likely before 10pm, then a chance of snow. Patchy fog before 8pm. Otherwise, cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around 27. Northwest wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
2. King Philip Sports Today
- Boys' Hockey vs. North Quincy @ Quincy Youth Christmas Tournament, 8:15 p.m.
- Wrestling @ Lowell Tournament
- Gymnastics @ Mansfield, 4:00 p.m.
3. New Year's Day 5K From the Wrentham Lions Club
The Wrentham Lions Club is sponsoring the 13th annual New Years Classic 5K Road Race on Tuesday, January 1, 2013 at the Eagle Brook Saloon – 258 Dedham Street in Norfolk MA. Rain, snow or shine, the race starts at 10:00 a.m. Race day registration is $30 and begins at 8:30 A.M. The registration fee includes all you can eat buffet and racing gloves to the first 100 entrants. There will be continuous cash raffles for additional prizes and non-runner buffet tickets can also be purchased for $10.
For $25 advance registration or further information about this event, please contact Joe Moscariello, chairman of the Wrentham Lions New Years Classic committee at 508-384-5907 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
As always, monies raised from this event will support our local Wrentham Lions charities, as well as our main cause — funding eye research in the hopes that one day, a cure will be found for blindness. To signup, print out the flyer attatched to the article.
4. Conservation Commission Meeting Tomorrow
5. Tree Removal from the Boy Scouts
Boy Scout Troop 131 will perform their annual Christmas tree recycling drive as a service project for Wrentham residents only. For a $10 donation, curbside pickup will be on Saturday, January 5th (raindate: Sun., Jan 6th). Please place your donation in an envelope. Seal the envelope and place it around the bottom of the tree with a rubber band. Make checks payable to "Troop 131" and place the tree on the curb near the street before 8 a.m. on Saturday, January 5th, 2013. For safety reasons, they cannot accept trees with tinsel, flocked trees, trees with nails, artificial trees, wreaths with metal shape wires, or trees with any other metal attached. Your donations are a critical part of the ability to provide a quality program, consistent with the high ideals of scouting. The Scouts of Troop 131 thank you for your support. Questions may be directed to 508-384-0457