Home sales in Wrentham increased slightly in March, according to data released this week.
The information, compiled by real estate information firm The Warren Group, showed home sales going from six in March 2010 to eight last month, a 33 percent increase. Year to date sales are down slightly, from 17 to 14.
The Commonwealth saw its home sales drop by 14 percent for the month. According to the data, there were 2,704 homes sold in March, down from 3,159 in 2010.
Group CEO Timothy Warren said in a statement that the decline is part of a larger trend.
"The drop in home sales is another sign of continued weakness in the real estate market," Warren said in a statement. "Sales volume has decreased in seven of the past nine months."
Warren did note, however, that the March sales volume was above the January and February levels.
Here are the home sales numbers for area towns:
- Dover's March home sales dropped sharply, from four last year to zero last month. Year to date sales are down from 10 to four.
- Easton saw its March home sales fall from nine to seven, a 22 percent drop. Year to date sales are up slightly, from 19 to 20.
- Foxborough March home sales went up from five last year to eight last month. Year to date sales were steady at 17.
- Mansfield had its March home sales fall from 12 to five year-over-year. Year to date sales are down 24 percent, from 25 to 19.
- Home sales in Medfield fell from 10 to six in March, while year to date sales fell from 15 to 13.
- Norfolk's March home sales went up slightly, from five to seven. Year to date sales fell from 15 to 13.
- Norton home sales went up from four to five in March, and were steady at 14 for the year to date.
- Norwood's home sales fell sharply in March, from 15 to nine, while year to date sales were steady at 23.
- Plainville's home sales jumped from two to four, but year to date sales are down from 12 to nine.
- Sharon's home sales were steady at nine for the month of March, while year to date sales are up from 23 to 25.
- Stoughton's March home sales fell a bit, from 14 to 13. Year to date sales are down from 32 to 29.