Wrentham had its home sales fall by quite a bit in November, according to data released today.
The data, compiled by real estate information firm The Warren Group, had home sales falling from 11 in November 2010 to two last month.
The state, though, saw its fifth straight month of year-over-year home sales increases. Massachusetts home sales went up from 2,875 last year to 3,253 last month.
Warren Group CEO Timothy Warren Jr. said in a statement that he was hopeful for the coming year.
"I'm hopeful that winding down the year on a positive note will stimulate the market in 2012," Warren said. "But, a reality check of the numbers shows we may see a record low number of home sales in all of 2011, somewhere near the level in the 1990s."
Here are the home sales numbers for area towns:
- Attleboro saw its November home sales double year-over-year, from 15 last November to 30 last month. Year to date sales are up 11 percent, from 239 to 266.
- Dover's November home sales were steady at three for 2010 and 2011. Year to date sales are down 34 percent, from 53 to 35.
- Easton saw its home sales fall by a third, from 12 last year to eight last month. Sales so far this year are down, from 160 to 114.
- Foxborough's November home sales were down a bit, from nine to eight, while year to date sales are down from 107 to 101.
- Mansfield had its November home sales go up, from 13 to 15. The sales are up for the year, from 115 to 124.
- Medfield's November home sales increased from seven to 10 year-over-year, while year to date sales are down from 122 to 112.
- Norfolk had its November home sales jump from two last year to six last month. Year to date sales are down 16 percent, from 83 to 70.
- Norton's November home sales were steady at eight for 2010 and 2011, while year to date sales are up slightly, from 108 to 113.
- Norwood saw its November home sales fall from 15 to 13, while sales so far this year are down from 162 to 157.
- Plainville had a small increase in sales, from one in November 2010 to two last month. Sales in 2011 are up one, from 49 to 50.
- Sharon's November home sales dipped from four last year to three last month. Year to date sales are up 11 percent, from 150 to 166.
- Stoughton had a jump in home sales, from nine in November 2010 to 19 in November 2011. Sales for the year are down slightly, from 150 to 148.