1. The Wrentham selectmen will be meeting Tuesday, Aug. 13, at 6:45 p.m. They will be hearing public comments on fixing fees for Cordial & Liqueurs for Wines & Malt License holdren to $300 annually and to move a one-day liquor license to increase from $35 to $50.
2. Make sure you have this date marked on your calendar. The Wrentham American Legion Post 225 will be holding their annual Chicken BBQ fundraiser to be held on Saturday, Aug. 24, at 592 South St. Post members will be serving BBQ chicken along with a variety of sides. The cost is $15 per person (two for $25, $5 for children 10 and under). There will be a horseshoe tournament, raffles, children's games and a fire truck on site. All proceeds will support various A2merican Legion Post 225 veteran and community programs as well as scholarships for local students. For more information, call 508-384-2932. Click here to view the Chicken BBQ Flyer.
3. The Fiske Public Library will be holding a "I'm Going to Kindergarten" program, Tuesday, Aug. 13, from 6:30-7:30 p.m. The event will be presented by Nancy Swirka, Early Childhood Support Specialist, Self Help Inc., Coordinated Family and Community Engagement. The event is free. Register at the circulation desk or call Miss Liz 508-384-5440 x21.
4. The Plainville Public Library will be presenting Mother Goose on the Loose, a 30-minute program of rhymes, finger plays, music and puppets for children ages 0-2 and their caregivers. No registration is required. The program starts at 10:15 a.m., Backyard Nature with the Audubon Society, an introduction to the natural work and the mysteries that exist in our backyards. This is for ages 5 and up. It will run from 1:30-2;30 p.m.
5. The Norfolk Housing Authority will be meeting at the Hillcrest Village Community Center, Aug. 13, at 6:30 p.m.