1. The Wrentham Town Government Study Committee will be meeting tonight at 7:30 p.m. at town hall. Marilyn Contreas of the Department Housing and Community Development will be at the meeting to discuss charter development strategies and requirements. The committee is being to review the first draft of the purposed charter.
2. Wrentham is looking for volunteers for town board. If you are interested in helping out, go to the town's web site.
3. The Wrentham selectmen will be meeting Tuesday, Aug. 13, at 6:45 p.m. Tnsehey will be hearing public comments on fixing fees for Cordial & Liqueurs for Wines & Malt License holdren to $300 annually and to move a one-day liquor license to increase from $35 to $50.
4. Make sure you have this date marked on your calendar. The Wrentham American Legion Post 225 will be holding their annual Chicken BBQ fundraiser to be held on Saturday, Aug. 24, at 592 South St. Post members will be serving BBQ chicken along with a variety of sides. The cost is $15 per person (two for $25, $5 for children 10 and under). There will be a horseshoe tournament, raffles, children's games and a fire truck on site. All proceeds will support various American Legion Post 225 veteran and community programs as well as scholarships for local students. For more information, call 508-384-2932. Click here to view the Chicken BBQ Flyer.
5. The Fiske Public Library will be holding a "I'm Going to Kindergarten" program, Tuesday, Aug. 13, from 6:30-7:30 p.m. The event will be presented by Nancy Swirka, Early Childhood Support Specialist, Self Help Inc., Coordinated Family and Community Engagement. The event is free. Register at the circulation desk or call Miss Liz 508-384-5440 x21.