The Joe Andruzzi Foundation is recruiting runners for participation in the Boston Marathon on April 15th, 2013 as part of the John Hancock Non-Profit Partners Program.
The John Hancock Non-Profit Partners Marathon Program provides opportunities for local charities to fundraise using the Boston Marathon as an event.
The spots are limited and all interested runners must apply to the team.
You can download a team application here!
Team Requirements for Charity Runners
- $35 registration fee to apply
- $5,000 minimum fundraising commitment
- $300 race entry fee
Team Requirements for Boston Marathon Qualified and Officially Registered Runners (please indicate you are a registered runner on the application and provide your registration number if you have it.)
- $35 team registration fee.
- $750.00 basic fundraising commitment
All our charity runners and registered runners receive:
- A waiver into the Boston Marathon alleviating the qualifying standard. ( applies to the $5,000 fundraiser.)
- A personal fundraising web page and online tools that make fundraising easy through www.Crowdrise.com
- A training program and coaching by an experienced team of coaches each specializing in various areas of running by CharityTeams.org
- Access to injury prevention and support by local physical therapists and doctors
- Fundraising information and support
- Networking with other charity runners
- An opportunity to train with runners of all ability levels
- Great communication – correspondence and friendship
- Weekly workouts including organized long runs on the course and weekly hill workouts
- Optional participation in the Superhero 17 and the Hop 21 – both costumed long runs on the course with busing out to start area
- Monthly meetings on marathon running and fundraising with guest speakers
- Team apparel to wear on race day and while training
- Pasta party before the race
- Private bus to the start with the team and an exclusive waiting area for the charity runners
- Discounts at various running stores and vendors such as Saucony and Marathon Sports Stores
- A supportive atmosphere to make your journey of running the Boston Marathon 100% successful!