1. Mostly Cloudy with a High Near 75
According to the National Weather Service, here is the forecast for today.
- Today: A chance of showers, mainly after 9am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 75. Breezy, with a southwest wind 9 to 14 mph increasing to 15 to 20 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 34 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Tonight: A chance of showers before 11pm, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms between 11pm and midnight, then a chance of showers after midnight. Patchy fog after 11pm. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 57. Southwest wind 7 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
2. Victories for King Philip Golf and Volleyball
The golf team snapped their losing streak and picked up a 152-163 win over North Attleboro. They are off until October 1 when they travel to Milford.
Over on the volleyball court, the Warriors improved to an impressive 7-1 with an out of league win against the Holliston Panthers. Next up will be Attleboro on Friday afternoon.
3. Are you Registered to Vote?
The Wrentham Town Clerk is asking residents who have not returned their 2012 census and, in addition, voters who have not returned their reminder postcard to please do so soon. There are presently 1016 inactive voters in town. Without being activated, a voter will be standing in line at the State Election on November 6, 2012, to fill out paperwork to affirm his residence. The inactive voter will be required to show an ID. We expect the election to be very busy and by reducing the number of inactive voters, all voters will have less wait time at the polls.
If you cannot locate your census or reminder postcard, please stop by the Town Clerk’s office to update your information.
4. Wrentham Public Health Nurses Clinic
The Wrentham Public Health Nurses will hold the first of two flu clinics for Wrentham residents today at the Wrentham Senior Center from 10 a.m. to noon and 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
No fee will be charged but those with insurance cards are asked to bring them. Those without insurance will not be turned away.
A second clinic will be held on October 3 from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
5. Brown and Warren Still Neck and Neck
A new poll shows that the Senate race between Senator Scott Brown and Elizabeth Warren is dead even. According to a new Rasmussen Reports poll, Warren and Brown are tied with both candidates polling at 48%. The margin of error for the poll is 4.5%.