1. Today's Weather From the National Weather Service
- Today: A chance of showers, mainly after 11am. Patchy fog before 11am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a high near 71. Southwest wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Tonight: Showers likely, mainly before midnight. Patchy fog. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 50. South wind 5 to 7 mph becoming west after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
2. King Philip Sports Today
- Field Hockey @ Dover-Sherborn, 3:30 p.m.
- Volleyball vs. Mansfield, 5:00 p.m.
- Girls' Soccer vs. Franklin, 3:30 p.m.
3. King Philip School Committee to Meet Tonight
Reports tonight include two on enrollment numbers and fall 2012 athletic participation. There will also be an update on the gymnastics program.
4. Autumn Victorian Tea at Proctor Mansion
The Proctor Mansion has announced that they will have their annual Autumn Victorian Tea on October 27 from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Servings will include assorted hot teas, cider, and assorted specialty sandwiches.
5. King Philip Parents’ Network Presents Comedian and Hypnotist Jim Spinnato
Since the mid 90’s Jim has amazed audiences up and down the east coast performing for corporate clients, colleges, high schools and casinos. His exciting and high energy combination of music, audience participation, comedy and hypnosis is a fast-paced romp through the subconscious mind. This unforgettable show will have you on the edge of your seats and dancing in the aisles…all while in a “deep sleep.”
Tickets are $10 and can be bought at the door.