1. Today's Weather From the National Weather Service
- Today: Mostly sunny, with a high near 61. Calm wind becoming west around 5 mph in the afternoon.
- Tonight: Partly cloudy, with a low around 49. Light southwest wind.
2. Public Hearing for Wrentham Village Premium Outlets Tonight
From the Town of Wrentham website:
The Wrentham Planning Board will hold a public hearing at 7:15 p.m. on October 17, 2012, in the Second Floor Conference Room of Wrentham Town Hall, 79 South Street, for the purpose of considering whether to revoke permission for the Wrentham Village Premium Outlets and Outparcel to have an Early Friday Opening on each Friday after Thanksgiving, subject to conditions, as originally authorized in Special Permits granted on August 7, 2008 (18th and 5th amendments of original approvals).
At the heart of the issue is a request from Wrentham Police Department to 10 install security cameras. While the mall agreed to the request, the issue was not put to rest as mall officials asked the town to maintain the cameras.
If an agreement is not reached, the Wrentham Planning Board may revoke the Wrentham Village Premium Outlets' permit to open early on Black Friday.
3. King Philip Warriors in Action Today
- Girls' Soccer @ North Attleboro, 3:30 p.m.
- Field Hockey @ North Attleboro, 3:30 p.m.
- Boys' Soccer vs. North Attleboro, 3:30 p.m.
- Volleyball vs. North Attleboro, 5:00 p.m.
4. Lions Club Hosting Duathalon on Oct. 28
The Wrentham Lions Club will hold their annual duathalon on Sunday, Oct. 28 at 8:30 a.m. at the Cracker Barrel Fairgrounds located at the Wrentham Developmental Center.
Competitors will run three miles around the Wrentham Developmental Center, bike 12 miles through Wrentham, Franklin, and Norfolk, and run two more miles. In the spirit of the Halloween theme, those participating are encouraged to wear costumes.
Advance registration can be completed at Firm Racing. Race day registration will also be available.
5. Win Tickets to see the Patriots Play the Rams in London
One winner and their three guests will be able to travel to London to watch the game and meet Mesko and Sebastian Vollmer after the game. The winner will also enjoy a three night stay at the Marriott Grosvenor Square London with a $4,000 allowance if needed.
Tickets for the raffle are $2 each with a minimum purchase of five tickets. Tickets are available until Oct. 19 at 2 p.m.
All proceeds will benefit the Zoltan Mesko Foundation.