1. Today's Weather From the National Weather Service
- Today: A chance of rain, mainly after 11pm. Patchy fog after 1am. Otherwise, cloudy, with a low around 43. Light and variable wind. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Tonight: Rain likely, mainly before 10am. Patchy fog before 1pm. Otherwise, cloudy, with a high near 54. Northeast wind 7 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
2. Romney Continues to Trail Obama in Massachusetts
Despite making gains on the national level, former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney continues to trail President Barack Obama in Massachusetts in a new poll released by Western New England University. The poll of 440 likely voters taken between September 28 - October 4, shows President Obama up 66% - 33% over Romney. The poll does not take into account the effects of the first debate, as only one night of the poll was done after the debate.
Despite the results in Massachusetts, Romney continues to make gains nationally. A new poll from Pew Research taken between October 4 - 7 shows Romney with a 49% - 45% lead over Obama.
3. KP Sports Today
- Golf vs. North Attleboro, 3:15 p.m.
- Volleyball @ Canton, 4:45 p.m.
- Cross Country @ North Attleboro, 3:45 p.m.
4. Kennedy/Bielat Debate Sold Out
Wednesday's debate at 4:00 p.m. in Fall River between Democratic candidate Joe Kennedy III and Republican candidate Sean Bielat is now sold out according to the Herald News. Those still wishing to attend the debate can email firstname.lastname@example.org to be placed on the waiting list in the event that seats do open.
The third and final debate between the two will take place at Wellesley College on October 15 at 7:30 p.m.
5. No School in the KP School District Today
The students of the King Philip Regional High School will get to enjoy an extra long weekend as there will be no school today. The teachers however, will be in school for a staff development day. The students will return to the classroom on October 10.