1. Today's Weather
- Today: A slight chance of showers after 3pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 72. Light southwest wind increasing to 5 to 9 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Tonight: A chance of showers before 10pm, then a chance of rain or drizzle after 10pm. Patchy fog after 5am. Otherwise, cloudy, with a low around 60. Light south wind. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
2. Warren Still Leads Brown in New Poll
A new poll released yesterday from WBUR and MassINC Polling gives Elizabeth Warren a 49% - 45% lead over Senator Scott Brown with 5% undecided. The margin of error for the poll is 4.4%
When those leaning towards a candidate were taken out of the poll, the lead for Warren was cut to 46% - 44%
3. Announcement from Wrentham Public Schools
In accordance with Federal Law, IDEA 2004 and Massachusetts Law 603CMR28.00, the WrenthamPublic Schools provide special education programs designed to meet the needs of children who are attending not only public schools, but also those who are attending private schools at private expense, and whose parents reside in Wrentham.
The Wrentham Public Schools will arrange for the evaluation of those children, beginning at age 3, who are unable to progress effectively in a regular program due to a suspected disability in one or more of the following areas: developmental delay, intellectual, sensory, neurological, emotional, communication, physical, specific learning, or health impairment. All programs and services are offered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or disability.
If you suspect that a child under your care may have a disability, please call the Office of Student Services at 508-384-5430 for information regarding eligibility guidelines, procedures and services.
4. KP Girls' Hockey Announce Ski and Snowboard Sale
The team will be selling new and used equiptment ranging from skies, skates, boards, and clothing. Quanities will be limited.
5. Items Needed for Yard Sale in Sheldonville
The Little Red Schoolhouse is holding a Yard Sale and Bake Sale Fundraiser on Saturday, October 13 from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. in the schoolyard, 944 West Street (Rte 121) in the Sheldonville section of Wrentham. The rain date is Sunday, October 14. All proceeds will directly benefit the parent cooperative preschool. Donations of salable items will be greatly appreciated and can be dropped off at the school on October 12th between 5 and 8pm. No car seats, strollers, cribs, computers, appliances or televisions will be accepted. LRSH is a 501c3 non-profit and all donations are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.