1. NWS Weather Update
According to the National Weather Service, Friday should be a very wet day with a 90% of rain.
- Today: Rain, mainly after 10am. High near 58. Southeast wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Tonight: Rain and possibly a thunderstorm before 1am, then a chance of rain and thunderstorms between 1am and 2am, then a chance of rain after 2am. Low around 53. East wind 5 to 10 mph becoming southwest after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
2. King Philip Sports Back in Action
After a few days off, the KP varsity squads will be back in action today. Here is who they will be facing.
- Field Hockey vs. Franklin, 3:30 p.m.
- Volleyball vs. Attleboro, 4:45 p.m.
- Girls' Soccer vs. Franklin, 3:30 p.m.
- Boys' Soccer vs. Franklin, 3:30 p.m.
- Football vs. Dartmouth, 7:00 p.m.
3. Indian Summer Craft & Vendor Fair in Foxborough
Nestled against the backdrop of the State Forest at 68 Mill Street, approx. 50 craftspeople and vendors will present wonderful displays of their products on September 29! A fun day for everyone in the family! The group is partnering with the Foxboro Music Association for this fair, and there will be raffles to raise funds for their ongoing projects and student scholarships. Inside and outside markets. Rain or shine event!
4. Robert Kraft, Pro Football Hall of Famer?
New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft has been nominated for the Pro Football Hall of Fame Class of 2013. Kraft is one of 24 contributors, 89 players and 14 coaches to be considered for the honor.
From that list, 25 will be selected as semi-finalists and the nominees will be reduced again to 15 in early January. The new members will be announced during Super Bowl Weekend
Drew Bledsoe and Ben Coates were also included as nominees.
5. King Philip School Committee Agenda Released
Agenda items include an update on a new program to distribute tickets to the community for KP events, an update on the gymnastics program, and the appointment of the new crossing guard.