Week in Review: Fresh Air Fund, St. Patrick's and School Budget
Looking back at the week of March 11 - March 16.
1. The Wrentham Elementary School Committee met on Tuesday night, and decided to approve a $9.7 million budget. Superintendent Jeffrey Marsden said the budget, which represents a 7.7 percent increase, would help rebuild the district.
2. The Fresh Air Fund is looking for Wrentham residents who are willing to open their homes to underprivileged youths. The program brings New York City children to towns like Wrentham for a week in the summer.
3. The King Philip girls hockey team recently wrapped up its fourth season in existence, meaning the last of the original team members are leaving the program. We spoke to those involved in the team about how it has changed.
4. The Wrentham Police Department announced its arrests for early February.
5. The week saw the celebration of St. Patrick's Day. We asked readers in the Foxborough/Wrentham area to chose their favorite place to celebrate the holiday, and Uno Chicago Grill took the prize.