February Home Sales up in Wrentham
Town sees increase in number of homes sold.
The town of Wrentham saw a year-over-year increase in the number of homes sold in February, according to data released Wednesday.
The data, compiled by real estate information firm The Warren Group, showed home sales increased from one in February 2011 to three last month. Year to date sales are up from six to 13.
The state saw a 33 percent jump in home sales, increasing from 1,765 last year to 2,350 last month. The number, according to the group, is the highest volume in February in five years.
Warren Group CEO Timothy Warren Jr. said in a statement that the numbers are indicative of a housing market recovery.
"Sales volume has increased in seven of the last eight months," he said. "This rebound in the market is starting to look pretty solid."
"The mild winter weather certainly helped, but it's not the only factor boosting sales," he added. "Lower unemployment rates, low mortgage rates and attractive pricing are fueling a gradual recovery."
Here are the home sales numbers for area towns:
- Dover saw quite a jump in February home sales, from one last year to five last month — a 400 percent increase.
- Easton had its February home sales increase from seven in 2011 to 11 in 2012. This represents a 57 percent climb.
- Foxborough's February home sales doubled in 2012, from five to 10 year over year.
- Mansfield saw its home sales double, from six in February 2011 to 12 in February 2012.
- Medfield had a substantial increase in home sales, from three last year to 11 last motn — a 267 percent jump.
- Norfolk's February home sales were even at four year-over-year.
- Norton saw its February home sales triple year-over-year, from three last year to nine last month.
- Norwood's home sales were up 43 percent, from seven in February 2011 to 10 in February 2012.
- Plainville's February home sales were up by a third, from three last year to four last month.
- Sharon's home sales climbed a bit, from six last February to seven last month.
- Stoughton had a substantial home sales jump in February, from six last year to 14 last month.