April Home Sales Up in Wrentham
Town sees increase in home sales last month.
Wrentham home sales tripled year-over-year in April, according to data released today.
The data, compiled by real estate information firm The Warren Group, showed sales increasing from three in April 2011 to nine last month. Year to date sales are also up, from 17 last year to 29 in 2012.
Massachusetts saw its home sales jump by 22 percent in the month, going from 2,877 sales last April to 3,505 last month.
Warren Group CEO Timothy Warren said in a statement the market is looking up.
"Low mortgage rates and an improving job market in the Bay State are encouraging buyers to enter the market," he said. "It looks like the months ahead will continue to be positive as the strong spring and summer market heats up."
"Typically, June is the biggest month of the year for real estate closings," he added.
Here are the home sales numbers for area towns:
- Dover's April home sales fell from five to three in April, while year to date sales are up from nine to 14.
- Easton had its home sales increase from 11 last April to 14 last month. The sales for the year to date are up from 33 to 36.
- Foxborough's home sales fell from 12 to 10 in April, while year to date sales are up 29 to 34.
- Mansfield's April home sales dropped from eight to seven, but sales for the year are up from 28 to 37.
- Medfield had its home sales fall from 12 in April 2011 to seven in April 2012, but sales this year are up from 25 to 37.
- Norfolk's home sales went up from five to six in April. Sales for the year to date are up from 17 to 22.
- Norton home sales fell by a third in April, from nine to six. Year to date, sales, though, are up from 23 to 33.
- Norwood's home sales climbed from 13 last year to 17 last month. Sales for the year thus far are up from 36 to 45.
- Plainville's April home sales increased from four to six, while sales for the year thus far are up from 13 to 17.
- Sharon home sales jumped by 45 percent, from 11 last April to 16 last month. The sales for the year to date are up from 36 to 48.
- Stoughton home sales fell 20 percent in April, from 15 to 12. Sales for the year thus far have increased from 44 to 47.