5 Things You Need to Know: March 4
The Wrentham selectmen will be meeting with the finance committee to go over the FY14 budget tonight.
1. Monday and Tuesday are pretty much going to look the same weather-wise, according to WHDH. There will be clouds on Monday with a little bit of sun with highs near 40, but there will also be a passing rain or snow shower. Tuesday, it will be clouds with some sun in the mid-40s.
2. The first event sponsored by Wrentham Community Events, Inc. will offer a fun-filled evening featuring six local "stars" who will compete against each other in a dancing and fundraising competition. It will be held at Luciano's Lake Pearl on Friday, March 8, at 7 p.m. Each "star" will be aligned with one of six local charitable organizations: Friends of Wrentham, Holly Club, Lions Club of Wrentham, Random Smiles, WEST and Rice Complex. The Stars will be raising money by collecting "votes", each dollar they collect will equal one vote. Two awards will be handed out the evening of the event: People's Choice Award and Judge's Choice Award. The People's Choice will be given to the Star who raises the most votes (money) for their organization. The Judge's Choice will be presented to the dancer who earns the highest score from the panel judges.See Wrentham Community Events website for more information.
3. The Wrentham Lions Club will hold a membership night on Thursday, March 14, at 7 p.m. at the American Legion Hall on Route 1/A in Wrentham. This informal gathering is for service-minded men and women who might be interested in joining or learning more about the Lions Organization and how the local Wrentham Lions Club supports the Wrentham community, the state and international charities. For more information, please contact Pat Elliott, Membership Chair at 508-384-8760 or visit our website atwww.wrentham-lions.org.
4. The Wrentham selectmen and finance committee will be holding a joint session tonight at Roderick School at 7 p.m.
5. Make sure like Wrentham Patch on Facebook and join in the conversation there.