5 Things You Need to Know for October 20 and 21
Looking for something to do this weekend? Check out the 5 things you need to know for October 20 and 21!
1. This Weekend's Weather from the National Weather Service
- Saturday: Occasional drizzle before 11am, then a slight chance of showers between 11am and 1pm. Patchy fog before 11am. Otherwise, cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 71. Light south wind becoming southwest 6 to 11 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Saturday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 45. West wind 6 to 8 mph.
- Sunday: Sunny, with a high near 60. West wind 7 to 15 mph.
- Sunday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 43. West wind 8 to 10 mph.
2. Warriors take on Mansfield
The King Philip Warriors football team will take on the Mansfield Hornets tonight at 5:30 p.m. at Mansfield High School. The Warriors are 6-0 this year while the Hornets are 4-2. Both teams have yet to lose a game in divisional play. Check back closer to game time for our live blog for KP vs. Mansfield and all the other games happening around the Hockomock League.
3. The Disney Store comes to Wrentham
The brand new Disney Store Outlet will have their grand opening today at the Wrentham Village Premium Outlets. To celebrate the opening, the first 500 customers that enter the store will be given Mickey Mouse ears.
The Wrentham Village Premium Outlets opens at 9:00 a.m.
4. UMass Returns to Gillette
The University of Massachusetts football team will celebrate Homecoming on October 20 at Gillette Stadium as the Minutemen will face Bowling Green State University at noon.
The Minutemen come into the game with a record of 0-6 overall and 0-3 in league play.
5. Saturdays at the Stony Brook Sanctuary: Beavers
Beavers are fascinating and sometimes problematic animals whose handiwork has recently been on display at the Sanctuary. Learn about beaver adaptations and how they live, where and why they build their dams, how we best control their efforts. Family science days are designed for families with children ages 5-8, with adults participating along with their children. Pre-registration is required.