5 Things Weekend Edition: Kennedy/Bielat Debate to Air, UMass hosts Ohio, King Philip Volleyball Wins, and More
Want to know what's happening this weekend? Here are the five things you need to know for September 29 and 30!
1. NWS Forecast Shows Rain All Weekend.
- Saturday: Rain, mainly before 1pm. Patchy fog before 2pm. High near 62. North wind around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Saturday Night: A chance of rain or drizzle, mainly after 11pm. Patchy fog after midnight. Otherwise, cloudy, with a low around 51. Light north wind. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Sunday: Showers likely, mainly before noon. Patchy fog before 10am. Otherwise, cloudy, with a high near 68. Calm wind becoming east around 6 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Sunday Night: A chance of showers before 11pm, then a chance of rain or drizzle after 11pm. Patchy fog after 4am. Otherwise, cloudy, with a low around 55. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
2. Another win for King Philip Volleyball
Due to the rain, the Warriors' boys' soccer, girls' soccer, and field hockey teams all were forced to postpone their matches against Franklin to a later date.
Playing in the comfort of the KP gym, the Warriors' volleyball team racked up another win, beating Attleboro 3-0. The team is now 8-1.
3. Symphony Nova at King Philip High School
After performing in Boston on Friday night, the only training orchestra in New England performs their first concert of the year at KP High School on Sunday, September 30 at 3:00 p.m. Tickets can be purchased on the orchestra's website.
4. UMass football hosts Ohio
The University of Massachusetts Minutemen will host Ohio today at Gillette Stadium at 3:30 p.m. Tickets can be purchased at the Gillette Stadium Box Office prior to the game.
5. Kennedy and Bielat to Air Sunday Morning
Congressional candidates Joe Kennedy III and Sean Bielat will have the first of their three debates aired on WCVB-TV this Sunday morning at 11:00 a.m. The debate was held at the WCVB-TV 5 studios in Needham and taped for the channel's political show, "On the Record" with Janet Wu and Ed Harding.