5 Things Weekend Edition: December 29 and 30
Find out what you need to know about the weekend!
1. This Weekend's Weather from the National Weather Service
- Saturday: Snow, mainly after noon. Patchy fog after 4pm. High near 33. Calm wind becoming northeast around 5 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Saturday Night: Snow, mainly before 3am. Patchy fog before 7pm. Low around 23. Northwest wind 8 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Sunday: A chance of snow, mainly before 7am. Partly sunny, with a high near 32. Northwest wind 10 to 16 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Sunday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 15.
2. New Year's Day 5K
The Wrentham Lions Club is sponsoring our 13th annual New Years Classic 5K Road Race on Tuesday, January 1, 2013 at the Eagle Brook Saloon – 258 Dedham Street in Norfolk MA. Rain, snow or shine, the race starts at 10:00 AM. Race day registration is $30 and begins at 8:30 A.M. The registration fee includes all you can eat buffet and racing gloves to the first 100 entrants. There will be continuous cash raffles for additional prizes and non-runner buffet tickets can also be purchased for $10.
For $25 advance registration or further information about this event, please contact Joe Moscariello, chairman of the Wrentham Lions New Years Classic committee at 508-384-5907 or email@example.com .
As always, monies raised from this event will support our local Wrentham Lions charities, as well as our main cause — funding eye research in the hopes that one day, a cure will be found for blindness. To signup, print out the flyer attached to the article.
3. School Safety Discussion
The Wrentham School Committee will have a meeting to discuss school safety with parents on Thursday January 3, 2013 at 7:30 PM in the Vogel Auditorium.
4. Committee Members Needed
The Elderly & Disabled Taxation Fund Committee (MGL Chapter 60, Section 3D) is looking for three residents to become members of their committee. Taxpayers may donate to the Taxation Fund and this Committee would be charged to carry out the provisions of this Chapter and identify the recipients of such aid. If you are interested, click here to fill out an Application Form and submit completed form to the Board of Selectmen's Office.
5. Winter Stories at Moose Hill in Sharon
On Sunday, December 30 from 3:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m., Mass Audubon invites you to Moose Hill to welcome in winter’s arrival with a afternoon of stories and hot chocolate. Winter-themed stories will be featured during this all-indoor afternoon of word fun and crafts. The cost is $5-$8 and pre-registration is required.