5 Things: Study Calls Scott Brown 2nd Most Bipartisan Senator, Update on New Trash Hauler, Selectmen to Meet Tonight, and More!
In today's edition of 5 Things you Need to Know, a new study names Scott Brown one of the most bipartisan members of the US Senate, the Wrentham Board of Selectmen are scheduled to meet tonight, and more!
1. Today's Weather From the National Weather Service
- Today: Cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 60. West wind 8 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph.
- Tonight: Clear, with a low around 38. West wind 5 to 9 mph.
2. New Study Calls Scott Brown Bi-Partisan
Using every vote taken by the 112th Congress where the majority of one party voted differently as the majority of the other party, Senator Brown voted with the majority of Democrats 53 percent of the time.
Fellow Massachusetts delegation member, Senator John Kerry, voted with the Republicans five percent of the time.
3. Update on the new Trash Hauler
The Town of Wrentham would like to remind residents that Waste Management is the new trash hauler is Waste Management. For bulk pickup, they can be reached at (800) 972-4545 between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
Each house is allowed one 34 gallon barrel or bag and one bulk pickup a week, with any extra trash being placed in a purple bag. Any barrel that is oversized or overweight will not be emptied. This does not apply to purple bags which are unlimited.
Waste Management is enforcing the rules of Wrentham’s 2009 Solid Waste/Recycling Program.
4. Monday's King Philip Warriors Scoreboard
- Girls' Soccer: KP 1 Franklin 4
- Field Hockey: KP 2 Dover-Sherborn 0
- Volleyball: KP 3 Volleyball 1
5. Selectmen to Meet Tonight
Items on the agenda include the swearing in of officer Daniel Morris and Lt. George Labonte and the review of the final draft of November's Special Town Meeting.