5 Things: Planing Board Meeting, Final Flu Clinic, Special Thanks From the Jimmy Fund, and More!
It's Wednesday, October 3 and here are the five things you need to know!
1. Today's Weather from the National Weather Service
- Today: A chance of rain or drizzle before 11am, then a chance of showers after 11am. Patchy fog. Otherwise, cloudy, with a high near 73. Calm wind becoming east around 5 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Tonight: A chance of showers. Patchy fog. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 62. East wind 3 to 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
2. KP Sports Today
- Girls Soccer @ Stoughton, 3:30 p.m.
- Field Hockey @ Stoughton, 3:30 p.m.
- Boys' Soccer vs. Stoughton, 3:30 p.m.
- Volleyball vs. Taunton, 4:45 p.m.
3. Planning Board to Meet
Agenda items include a public hearing on Wyllie Estates, finalizing the zoning articles for November's Special Town Meeting, and a discussion on Midnight Madness at the Wentham Premium Outlets.
4. Wrentham Public Health Nurses Clinic
The Wrentham Public Health Nurses will hold their second flu clinic for Wrentham residents today at the Wrentham Senior Center from 5 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
No fee will be charged but those with insurance cards are asked to bring them. Those without insurance will not be turned away.
5. Special Thanks to Wrentham's Mike McKnight
Jimmy Fund Golf Director Nancy Rowe sent this our way in appreciation of the work that Wrentham resident Mike McKnight has done for the Stop and Shop/Donovan-Carlson Memorial Golf Tournament.
Jimmy Fund Golf extends its sincerest thanks to the organizers and sponsors of the Stop and Shop/Donovan-Carlson Memorial Golf Tournament held on September 24, 2012 at The International Golf Club in Bolton, Mass. Special recognition and appreciation goes to Mike McKnight of Wrentham, Mass., and the committee who organized the 21st annual event.
The dedicated sponsors, participants, and volunteers helped raise critical funds to support lifesaving cancer research and care at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.
The Stop and Shop/Donovan-Carlson Memorial Golf Tournament was one of the many golf tournaments that will be held in 2012 to raise funds for the Jimmy Fund and Dana-Farber. The presenting sponsors for Jimmy Fund Golf’s 2012 season are American Airlines, Callaway, CHAMP Spikes, Dunkin’ Donuts, Forty Seven Brand, HomeGoods, The International Golf Club, and Wicked Local.
From traditional golf tournaments and country club member events to mini-golf tournaments and all day golf marathons, volunteers create golf fundraisers that combine their love of the sport with their desire to support the fight against cancer. Each eventis an incredibly rewarding and fun way to support a great cause! Those interested in finding out ways to support Dana-Farber and the Jimmy Fund through golf may visit www.jimmyfundgolf.org or call (866) 521-4653 to learn how.
Director, Jimmy Fund Golf