5 Things: King Philip Football Faces Taunton, YMCA Announces Charity Golf Tournament, and More!
It's Friday, October 5 and here are the five things you need to know!
1. Today's Weather
- Today: Patchy fog before 9am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 78. Calm wind becoming west around 6 mph in the afternoon.
- Tonight: Patchy fog after 5am. Otherwise, mostly clear, with a low around 57. Southwest wind around 5 mph.
2. KP Sports Today
- Football vs. Taunton, 7:00 p.m.
- Volleyball vs. Taunton, 4:45 p.m.
- Girls' Soccer vs. Canton, 3:30 p.m.
- Field Hockey vs. Canton, 3:30 p.m.
- Boys' Soccer vs. Canton, 3:30 p.m.
3. Hockomock YMCA Announce Legends Golf Classic
For the third year in a row, the Hockomock Area YMCA is expanding the scope and impact of its efforts to provide opportunities for children with special needs with the third annual Legends Golf Classic on October 9. This event includes an exciting afternoon of golf on the world-class TPC Boston course, followed by dinner and a live auction program. The YMCA is proud to once again be partnering with TPC Boston, site of the PGA Tour's Deutsche Bank Championship, to create a unique and memorable experience.
The Legends Golf Classic kicks off the Hockomock YMCA’s fall fundraising season, and is the precursor to the Legends Ball, taking place on Tuesday, November 13th, at Luciano’s at Lake Pearl in Wrentham, MA.
The YMCA currently has 26 Boston Area Sports Legends confirmed and playing golf including: current New England Patriots Zoltan Mesko and Nate Solder, former Patriots Joe Andruzzi, Steve Grogan, Tim Fox, Pete Brock, Steve Nelson, former Boston Bruins Gord Kluzak, Derek Sanderson, former Red Sox Luis Tiant, Bill Lee and Joe Morgan, Ironman triathlete Dick Hoyt, and many more.
Registration starts at 11:00 a.m. on the day of the event with a shotgun start at noon.
4. Wrentham Fire Department Open House
The Wrentham Fire Department will have their annual Open House at the Public Safety Building, 99 South St., on Sunday, October 14 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Residents are invited to tour the department, pick up fire prevention information, and to check out a collection of photographs and videos of the department in action
Refreshements will be served and a visit from Smokey the Bear and Sparky the Fire Dog is expected.
5. Cricket in Wrentham
The eight team tournament starts Saturday with the finals of the knockout style tournmant taking place the next day. Admission and parking is free.