5 Things: How Much Snow Did we Get? Plus Veterans Day info and More
It's Thursday, November 8 and here are the 5 things you need to know.
1. Today's Weather From the National Weather Service
- Today: Rain, mainly before 4pm. High near 41. Breezy, with a north wind 15 to 22 mph, with gusts as high as 43 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Tonight: A chance of showers, mainly before 7pm. Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around 30. Northwest wind 10 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
2. How Much Snow did we get?
It may be early November, but that did stop nature from giving us our first storm of the year. According to WHDH's Pete Bouchard, Wrentham received 5.7 inches of snow during last night's storm.
3. Volleyball moved to Tonight
Due to last night's storm, KP's volleyball semi-final matchup has been moved to tonight at 7:00 p.m. at Quincy. A win gets the Warriors into the MIAA Central-East Division 1 finals against Newton North.
4. Veteran's Day this Sunday
There will be a beief ceremony this Sunday at 11:00 a.m. at the World War II and Korea/Vietnam monuments at Wrentham Common for Veteran's Day.
The American Legion Post 225 and Wrentham VFW encouage all veterans to join them for the beief honor ceremony that honors those who have served in the US Military.
5. King Philip Football Anounces new Funraiser
The KP Football team will have a fundraising event on Novermber 17 7:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m. at the American Legion. The team is hoping to raise enough money to buy new uniforms.
Tickets for the enven are $10. Entertainment includes KP AD Steve Schairer's Band Fathers & Sons