5 Things: First Senate Debate Tonight, MCAS Scores, WYBSA Offering Softball Pitching Lessons, and More!
Today in 5 Things You Need to Know, the first Warren/Brown debate happens tonight at 7:00 p.m., the MCAS scores have been released, Wrentham Youth Baseball/Softball holding a pitching clinic, and more!
1. A Sunny and Cool Day
According to the National Weather Service, today should be sunny with a high near 65 degrees with a low of 48.
2. MCAS Scores Released
The biggest strength for KP students was on the English test where 56% of students were deemed advance as did 64% of the students who took the mathematics test.
3. KP Athletics Today
Good luck to all the KP athletes today. They got a full plate of games, matches, and meets.
- Golf vs. Sharon, 3:15 p.m.
- Boys' Soccer @ North Attleboro, 3:30 p.m.
- Girls' Soccer vs. North Attleboro at Freeman Kennedy Field in Norfok, 3:30 p.m.
- Field Hockey vs. North Attleboro, 3:30 p.m.
- Volleyball @ Mansfield, 5:00 p.m.
- Cross Country vs. Franklin at Rice Fields, 3:45 p.m.
4. Wrentham Youth Baseball/Softball Offering Softball Pitching Lessons
The course will feature 19 one hour group sessions with beginners starting on October 4 and going every Thursday at 4:00 p.m. and the intermediate/advance group meeting every Wednesday at 4:00 p.m. starting October 3
The deadline to sign up is September 21. Registration is $165 and includes the clinic, a practice ball, and shirt.
5. First Senate Debate Tonight
Senator Scott Brown will debate Democratic Candidate Elizabeth Warren for the first time tonight in the WBZ studios at 7:00 p.m. on WBZ-TV, CBS Boston.com, and on WBZ Newsradio 1030am.
Jon Keller of WBZ-TV News will be the moderator of the debate.
Three more debates are planned for October 1 at UMass Lowell, October 10 in Springfield, and October 30 on WGBH.