5 Things: Plainville Talks to Plainridge About Slots, King Philip Football Faces Sharon
It's Friday, October 12 and here are the 5 things you need to know!
1. Today's Weather From the National Weather Service
- Today: A chance of showers, mainly before 1 p.m. Increasing clouds, with a high near 55. West wind 8 to 13 mph becoming northwest in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 23 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30-percent.
- Tonight: Areas of frost after 2 a.m. Otherwise, mostly clear, with a low around 30. Northwest wind 7 to 9 mph.
2. KP Sports Today
- Golf @ Oliver Ames, 3:15 p.m. at Easton Country Club
- Boys Soccer @ Mansfield, 3:30 p.m. at King Philip High School
- Girls Soccer vs. Mansfield, 3:30 p.m. at King Philip High School
- Field Hockey vs. Mansfield, 3:30 p.m. at Mansfield High School
- Football vs. Sharon, 7 p.m. at King Philip High School
3. Slots at Plainridge?
Despite meeting already, the selectmen have said that they intend to hire a consultant to help with negotiations since they feel they do not have the expertise to handle
4. 4 Paws Animal Shelter Bake Sale
The 4 Paws Animal Shelter Bake Sale will be held at the White Barn HarvestWeen Market on Saturday, Oct. 27 from10 to 4, the last market of the regular season.
The Bake Sale will include cakes, cookies, cupcakes, gluten-free products,fudge, breads and our cat and dog treats.
The bake sale will benefit the 4 Paws Animal Shelter Building Fund.White Barn Farm produce, fresh flowers, eggs, seafood, honey products, roasted coffees, cider plus local crafters and artists will be featured.
Come in costume or come as yourself and help us celebrate the HarvestWeen Market.The White Barn Farm is located on Rt. 1A, 458 South St. in Wrentham
5. KP School Committee Agenda Released
The King Philip School Committee will meet on Monday, Oct. 15 at the library in King Philip High School AT 7:00 p.m. Agenda items include school improvement plans for both the high school and middle school, A report on fall 2012 athletics participation, and an update on the gymnastics program.